Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Allen Edmond's Outlet Sale (Seconds) - February 3rd-17th

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Just be patient - they do some kind of promo every few weeks. Newbies tend to get a bit carried away on their first go, so try not to get caught up in the hype/excitement. You should ask the folks on this forum if the prices you're seeing are their best, because some sales are better than others. The folks on here will be able to tell you if the prices you're seeing are as low as they go, or if you're better off waiting for a future sale.
    I may or may not have expanded my AE collection from one pair of walnut BB Fifth Ave seconds a mere three weeks ago to now possessing three pairs of Fifth Ave seconds (added black and dark brown), two pairs of Vernon seconds (black and chili), one pair of Neumora firsts (black), one pair of Strand firsts (chocolate suede), one pair of McGraw firsts (chocolate suede), and one pair of Spiaggia firsts (navy suede).

But I can't really complain with the price per pair averaging out to $155 each, including the firsts.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy127 View Post
    I may or may not have expanded my AE collection from one pair of walnut BB Fifth Ave seconds a mere three weeks ago to now possessing three pairs of Fifth Ave seconds (added black and dark brown), two pairs of Vernon seconds (black and chili), one pair of Neumora firsts (black), one pair of Strand firsts (chocolate suede), one pair of McGraw firsts (chocolate suede), and one pair of Spiaggia firsts (navy suede).

But I can't really complain with the price per pair averaging out to $155 each, including the firsts.
    Woooooow. Some solid picks in here though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    I guess someone is going to be taking advantage of the next jos a bank shoe tree sale.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy127 View Post

I'm in the same boat. I went from Nunn Bush slip ons to firsts in Strands, Neumok, McAllister, Dalton, Kenilworth, Elgin, and Players. At about $1800 so far, likely will return the Walnut Strands to bring it down by $400, no reason to own those now when they are frequently available once a year for $225.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marathon View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I went from Nunn Bush slip ons to firsts in Strands, Neumok, McAllister, Dalton, Kenilworth, Elgin, and Players. At about $1800 so far, likely will return the Walnut Strands to bring it down by $400, no reason to own those now when they are frequently available once a year for $225.
    Marathon - have you had bad luck with seconds? If pricing's a concern, you can get seconds at a seriously reduced prices compared to firsts (even when there's no sale going on, you could get them year round in that $225 neighborhood that one of the classics goes to at a time, once per quarter or so). So even if timing is also a concern, you still have seconds options (it's not 100% - there are some with issues, but I've only had about 10% with issues, and the rest seem fine to me / minor / correctable issues). Of course, you've been a regular longer than me, so you probably know all this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Buying AE at full price is SOOO not worth it. But I kinda feel the same way about seconds...they suck. It is definitely not worth my time going through these seconds and finding mistakes that belong on "thirds" or "fourths".

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meowmix1891 View Post
    Buying AE at full price is SOOO not worth it. But I kinda feel the same way about seconds...they suck. It is definitely not worth my time going through these seconds and finding mistakes that belong on "thirds" or "fourths".
    YMMV here. I've purchased six pairs of seconds from the outlets and have seen no major flaws on any of them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I have a pair of Wolverine 744 seconds on hold for me at the shoebank. Should I pull the trigger on them for $399 or should I be optimistic that I will be able to get them at 299 shortly...Help!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    i doubt they'll sell any shell for $300 ever again. they just increased prices across the board for firsts, as did alden, and shell isn't getting any less scarce anytime soon.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    The $299 was a mistake, and was never meant to happen. So if you like them enough to pay $400 for them, then go for it - otherwise you may find cheaper on eBay (flipping) but not from AE or Wolverine.