Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dollar Shave Club

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Dollar Shave Club

I'd be willing to try just because their intro video is so awesome. Anyone take any of these razors for a test drive yet?

http://www.dollarshaveclub.com
    Last edited by JoeG; January 11th, 2014 at 11:42 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    I think he said it best in the video "stop paying for shave tech you don't need". I gave up the multi-bladed shavers a while back, and couldn't be happier. Using a double edge safety razor I get a much closer shave, much less irritation, and a $7 pack of blades, will last me several months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I spent $15 (shipping included) on a 12 pack variety pack of DE safety razor blades which will last me about a year. Switch to a DE safety razor like Traveling said. Not only cheaper, but so much better.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    I don't shave. Problem solved.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaCoach View Post
    I spent $15 (shipping included) on a 12 pack variety pack of DE safety razor blades which will last me about a year. Switch to a DE safety razor like Traveling said. Not only cheaper, but so much better.
    Where do you find safety razor blades for that price? I got a Merkur for Christmas but haven't stocked up on blades yet. Thanks.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeG View Post
    I'd be willing to try just because their intro video is so awesome. Anyone take any of these razors for a test drive yet?

http://www.dollarshaveclub.com
    I've been using DSC for a while now, almost a year. I don't have a ton of facial hair, so I shave just twice a week. Under that use, they've (the three blade models) held up well. Their Shave Butter is fantastic. My only complaint is that the handles aren't the most durable things in the world.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Dollar Shave Club is just re-branded stuff from Dorco. Dorco's even cheaper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartorialist View Post
    Where do you find safety razor blades for that price? I got a Merkur for Christmas but haven't stocked up on blades yet. Thanks.
    I purchased it on eBay and caught a good price from the seller. But here's a really good one too. I maintain a beard so when I shave i'm only shaving my neck/maintaining the neckline so my blades are lasting longer due to not shaving as much. But even this is a good deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/105-Double-E...item51a7fe652c

And if you're new to DE shaving they'll give you a taste for which blades you may or may not like for your skin.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    I'm in the same camp with travelling and da coach, I use de safety razors too. Got a merkur handle a couple of years ago and it has served me well. I get blades from feather off of amazon.