Thread: Wolverine 1000 mile - eyelets okay?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    278 Post(s)

Wolverine 1000 mile - eyelets okay?

Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for a while, but now I need some advice. I recently purchased these Wolverine Thatchers from DSW. I thought they looked interesting enough at $130 to be worth a chance, and now that they've arrived I like them quite a bit. They're certainly not sleek, but they're incredibly comfortable and I think they'll work well with jeans and chinos. The only problem is that when I tighten the laces, the eyelets are almost completely closed. Right now I think it's fine, but will the leather stretch enough that this will be a problem? That is, will I eventually have to close the eyelets completely to tighten the shoes appropriately, or will the leather not stretch that much?

By the way, if anyone has any thoughts about the shoes themselves, I'd love to hear them. I know what I think, but I'd love a second (or third or fourth opinion) :-).
    Last edited by facelessghost; January 8th, 2014 at 08:45 PM. Reason: added link

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Something does look off about them. Sorta like clown shoes where they are narrow in the middle then wide and bulbous at the toe. Maybe a narrower size would work better?