Thread: Forsale forum opinion.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)

Forsale forum opinion.

Hello dappered. I have a suggestion for the forsale forum. Seeing people post something forsale with only one or a couple posts worries me a little bit. I suggest a few changes.

Minimum 50 posts to list something for sale.
    Your location
    Picture of actual item not a stock photo graph.

Haven't heard of anyone getting scammed here but as the forum grows I'm sure people will join for personal gain and start scamming.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Brent, I like this idea. I'll bring it up with the team. Thank you.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    If possible, I'd suggest blocking 'For Sale' posts to newly registered folks. I probably have a lot of posts because I like to talk a lot, even though I'm new. But there are a lot of lurkers here, or Dappered readers who don't come into the forums often, and it would be a shame to penalize them.

An alternative, if the forum code supports it, would be requiring Moderator approval to publish for someone below the post/account age threshold.

It doesn't look like scams run rampant, and I think everybody on the internet knows to beware someone with a Join Date of today and 1 post.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    Another thing I'll add is the ability to edit older posts...as where something sells, or we change the price. This would make it much easier than bumping a thread.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    The ideas posted by Marathon, McAdam and Brent are all good. I've seen such rules work on other forums (all watch related) where I have sold and bought some items.

May I suggest that forum rules by made a "Sticky" per forum section?

Before posting an item I was looking to sell, I looked for the rules on posting in that section and came up empty. My post was sent to a mod for approval and it appears that I now know why it never showed.