Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Debate? Pea coat buttoning and collar up or down.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    380 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Duvel is (allegedly) the troll plagiarizing Billax.
    Yeah kinda a weird situation.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    380 Post(s)
    Oh if you get really bored read back a few years Billax and Duvel always dressed similar, trad, and were friendly.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2099 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent k View Post
    ... and were friendly.
    Hmm, that's probably a matter for debate, at least with regard to the latter.
    Ben

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    380 Post(s)
    Look back to 2014 who knows how sincere they were I guess.

Internet justice will be had.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)
    @Matchbook, that's a silly rule, but whatever, I guess. If it's real, it's real. The article trying to nitpick the Marines' interpretation is even sillier, considering that the Marines would presumably be the authority on the appropriate interpretations of the rules they publish.

@the-prepster, we can just agree to disagree. I believe your assertions are based purely on your personal style preferences, but if you want to wear all your collars popped and take off your coat when the wind dies rather than let someone see it unbuttoned, you are free to do so.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpark View Post
    @Matchbook, that's a silly rule, but whatever, I guess. If it's real, it's real. The article trying to nitpick the Marines' interpretation is even sillier, considering that the Marines would presumably be the authority on the appropriate interpretations of the rules they publish.

@the-prepster, we can just agree to disagree. I believe your assertions are based purely on your personal style preferences, but if you want to wear all your collars popped and take off your coat when the wind dies rather than let someone see it unbuttoned, you are free to do so.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid. The article writers themselves are former Marines themselves. Marines have been arguing about the idiocy of that uniform regulation for years. Trust me, I spent nearly a decade in that gun club.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post
    Never underestimate the power of stupid. The article writers themselves are former Marines themselves. Marines have been arguing about the idiocy of that uniform regulation for years. Trust me, I spent nearly a decade in that gun club.
    Don't forget the gum chewing!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjn082 View Post
    Don't forget the gum chewing!
    Lol. How could I ever forget that!

To be completely honest, though, I would say that I agree that the uniform regulation should be interpreted to say, for appearance of good order and discipline, Marines (or soldiers...don't want to leave the Hooahs out) shouldn't be allowed to walk/march with their hands in their pockets. It looks sloppy/lazy/too relaxed for the appearances of proper military bearing in uniform. But when standing around shooting the proverbial shit and passing scuttlebutt? Totally fine.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    No debate in my mind. I thought he was an asshole, who was able to stifle his nature on occasion. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he's the troll referred to in that link. His smug superiority along with his omnipresence here nearly turned me away from this site. Good riddance.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    655 Post(s)

i wanted to show the internet how people in cities with actual weather wear their peacoats when it's super crappy outside.

it was 30 deg. F and sleety/snowy this morning on my walk to work. So i buttoned that thing up all the way and I was warm for the 30 min walk.