Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

$10 pocket squares. Shipped.

As I was compiling my holiday gift wish list, I came across a link on effortless gent that took me to a magical place where pocket squares are stylish and priced extremely reasonably at $10 shipped. The website is www.PastThePocket.com It seems like they have a few dozen "timeless" squares that are ever present and other offerings that are more time limited (i.e. 24 hours). What stood out for me is that the founders promise to allocate a portion of the proceeds to an organization, Working Wardrobe, that helps "at-risk" folks dress and prepare for interviews. Kudos in my book.

Prior to stumbling onto this website, I ordered a pocket square from the tie bar which was $15 plus shipping and a bit too large for my taste. To be fair, I couldn't find any information about the dimension of the pocket squares on PastThePocket's website. The pictures suggest it's large enough to do the task. In any case, I ordered 3 and will be happy to report back with a review and pictures.

A brief consult with Dr. Google suggests that the company is still fairly new so I'm not sure if any one here has had any experiences with their products or service. If so, please chime in.

After lurking on here for a while, it's nice to actually be able to contribute to the community. Cheers.
    Last edited by Lchow1; December 5th, 2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: added link to website

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Just emailed the co-founder, Ebony Brown and learned that the dimensions are all 12 x 12. She's planning to add that information on the website.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    You don't like represent them or work there, do you?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Nope. I get the skepticism but I'm a clinical psychologist in Boston, MA with zero affiliation with Past The Pocket. Wouldn't mind a side gig in the fashion world, though. Just came across this website and took advantage of the opportunity to spread the word. I was due for a contribution given how much I've saved by perusing through the forums.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Oh, really... I've been feeling a little down lately, and also a little anxious. Any recommendations?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    Oh, really... I've been feeling a little down lately, and also a little anxious. Any recommendations?
    Ha! No formal recommendations, but definitely make sure you're getting your vitamin D. I didn't realize the magnitude of seasonal affective disorder till I moved to New England. The Fall/Winter seasons can be rough, particularly when your football team gets killed by the Seahawks. Le sigh.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    less alcohol, more [redacted]

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think this is a great, great pocket square: http://www.pastthepocket.com/collect.../october-bloom

will probably order.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I want to buy all of these. I think there was an article on the front page not long ago about which clothing items to scrimp and which to splurge on. Pocket squares have always been at the very top of my list for items I can't justify spending much on.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there's an estsy that has a few 5 dollar shipped pocket squares, store is called "get squared" I think.

I have one from them and it's perfectly nice.

also, another thing I've done is when I'm at a thrift store and I see a shirt with a cool pattern, i'll get the shirt (3-5 bucks) and cut out a pocket square from the back of it. worst comes to worst you can just cram it in your pocket w/o showing the edges, or you can get someone sew-savvy to hem the edges to make it acceptable.