Page 58 of 170 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Combatant Gentleman

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo1997 View Post
    It says that the suits are made from "100% Italian Super 140s wool from our very own sheep." Does Combatant Gentlemen own its own sheep farm somewhere in Italy? And, if that's not 100% accurate, then is the rest of the description accurate?
    Yes, we own our own sheep farm in Biella, Italy. Owning the raw inputs in our production process is a major reason why we're able to sell at the prices we do; the cost-savings are tremendous.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I've been checking online every few days and it looks like many sizes of suit jackets and pants are still out of stock. I thought they were to be restocked in mid September. Do you have an ETA for restocking? Thanks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyvasuomi79 View Post
    I've been checking online every few days and it looks like many sizes of suit jackets and pants are still out of stock. I thought they were to be restocked in mid September. Do you have an ETA for restocking? Thanks.
    @Hyvasuomi79 -- we received a major shipment today that we'll be unloading and adding to the site tomorrow. If you have a specific style/size in mind, PM me and I can see if I can get you a more precise ETA.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatant Gentlemen View Post
    @Hyvasuomi79 -- we received a major shipment today that we'll be unloading and adding to the site tomorrow. If you have a specific style/size in mind, PM me and I can see if I can get you a more precise ETA.
    I checked the site today and you still seem to be out of stock in my size for almost every suit. Regarding suit construction, if the description does't specifically say "half-canvassed," should I assume it's fused? I'd really like to try out a suit, but I'd like to try one that's not fused. Lastly, I placed an order for a sweater and a shirt last week, and while I received a confirmation email, the order hasn't shipped and it's been about a week. I have a couple of your shirts already (the brown and white stripe slim fit and the navy/turquoise tattersall) and I really like them. I'd love to do more business with you, but the lengthy restocking and processing times make it difficult.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I apologize for the current stock issue / increased processing time -- this isn't typical by any means. We've had an extraordinary surge of demand this summer which has left our fulfillment center stretched thin. However, we've doubled the staff and have moved into a substantially larger warehouse, so we're confident we can get over this hurdle and return to our normal processing time (1 business day for orders placed at or before 10am PST).

As for the suit construction, all of our suits are now half-canvassed; we do not have any fused offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by batkins9 View Post
    I checked the site today and you still seem to be out of stock in my size for almost every suit. Regarding suit construction, if the description does't specifically say "half-canvassed," should I assume it's fused? I'd really like to try out a suit, but I'd like to try one that's not fused. Lastly, I placed an order for a sweater and a shirt last week, and while I received a confirmation email, the order hasn't shipped and it's been about a week. I have a couple of your shirts already (the brown and white stripe slim fit and the navy/turquoise tattersall) and I really like them. I'd love to do more business with you, but the lengthy restocking and processing times make it difficult.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    Cross-post from WIWT thread.

Navy CG slim fit suit, Brooks Brothers white shirt, Hermès tie, Made-in-China American flag lapel pin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quick question, about how long do yall process exchanges? I sent back a pair of pants this past week and was wondering what kind of timeline yall had once you received them back.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsdd View Post
    Quick question, about how long do yall process exchanges? I sent back a pair of pants this past week and was wondering what kind of timeline yall had once you received them back.
    It took about 3 weeks for them to process my exchange. The shirts I ordered were slimmer than I thought, so I swapped them for a size up. Plus, the shirts fit great; minus, it was a 3-4 week turnaround time.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    Anyway I can look up my order status? It's been a week and I haven't heard anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    At least I'm not the only one with processing delays. I really liked the suit but a few things needed tweaked. Shirt is solid quality too. Unfortunately, the claimed, "as soon as we receive it we will send out your exchange," sure doesn't seem to be in effect. My initial order was placed 5 weeks before I need the suit and at this point, I'm not hopeful that the timing is going to work out. Just make sure you give yourself a good amount of time to hammer everything out.