Page 176 of 176 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176
Results 1,751 to 1,755 of 1755

Thread: Combatant Gentleman

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    I'm going to offer a counter opinion, as I have had mostly positive experiences with CG.

I have been on the lookout for a slate blue suit, but as much as I love S&M, I couldn't bring myself to spend $300+ on a suit I definitely do not need. I saw CG had a slate blue suit, but I still did not want to spend the $260 it was listed at. I had a 15% off coupon at CG from a prior order, as well as some store credit from their rewards program. With the switch to "new ownership" (I don't know if that's real or a PR stunt), my store credit was not there, and the coupon code did not work. I opened up a chat with their support, told her my issues, and she reinstated my store credit, as well as gave me a coupon code to use for 15% off. When I was unable to apply the store credit, and when the coupon code she gave me did not work, she manually applied them to my cart, giving me the discount. I ended up paying $75 for the suit, after the discount and store credit was applied. I received the suit within 3 days of placing my order (I do live in LA, close to where CG is located).

I have various products from CG, including a couple cotton suits (one is a basic one, one is from their nicer line), an essential suit as well as a suit from their nicer line, and this suit I just got. Also have a casual wool coat, some jeans, a pair of sneakers, and the weekender bag. I had issues with one of my items not being fulfilled in the past, so I spoke with the chat support and had the issue resolved. I have not had to return any items, which I understand is where a lot of issues come from.

The basic suits (both the wool and the cotton ones I have) are nothing to write home about, but the suits from the nicer line are impressive for the price. I prefer my S&M suits, and feel those are higher quality, and would rather support S&M, but I guess I've been lucky with my experiences with CG. As long as the items are in stock, and not part of that preorder thing they were doing, they seem to be OK.

I can certainly understand why people would want to avoid them, as plenty of people have had issues, and they do not want to support their owners, but I have been happy with my purchases.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyum View Post
    I'm going to offer a counter opinion, as I have had mostly positive experiences with CG.

I have been on the lookout for a slate blue suit, but as much as I love S&M, I couldn't bring myself to spend $300+ on a suit I definitely do not need. I saw CG had a slate blue suit, but I still did not want to spend the $260 it was listed at. I had a 15% off coupon at CG from a prior order, as well as some store credit from their rewards program. With the switch to "new ownership" (I don't know if that's real or a PR stunt), my store credit was not there, and the coupon code did not work. I opened up a chat with their support, told her my issues, and she reinstated my store credit, as well as gave me a coupon code to use for 15% off. When I was unable to apply the store credit, and when the coupon code she gave me did not work, she manually applied them to my cart, giving me the discount. I ended up paying $75 for the suit, after the discount and store credit was applied. I received the suit within 3 days of placing my order (I do live in LA, close to where CG is located).

I have various products from CG, including a couple cotton suits (one is a basic one, one is from their nicer line), an essential suit as well as a suit from their nicer line, and this suit I just got. Also have a casual wool coat, some jeans, a pair of sneakers, and the weekender bag. I had issues with one of my items not being fulfilled in the past, so I spoke with the chat support and had the issue resolved. I have not had to return any items, which I understand is where a lot of issues come from.

The basic suits (both the wool and the cotton ones I have) are nothing to write home about, but the suits from the nicer line are impressive for the price. I prefer my S&M suits, and feel those are higher quality, and would rather support S&M, but I guess I've been lucky with my experiences with CG. As long as the items are in stock, and not part of that preorder thing they were doing, they seem to be OK.

I can certainly understand why people would want to avoid them, as plenty of people have had issues, and they do not want to support their owners, but I have been happy with my purchases.
    How long do your basic suits from them last?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mochi123 View Post
    How long do your basic suits from them last?
    I don't wear my suits daily to work. I wear them to church and to dressier events, like weddings. I also have more suits than I need, so I rotate them pretty frequently. I always take pretty good care of my clothes too. All that said, I've had a navy essential suit from CG for at least a few years now, and it doesn't have any signs of wear or age or anything like that. Still looks new with plenty of life left.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)
    I ordered some more suits from combat gent to see if anything had changed. I ordered two essentials suits for $240.

They sent the suits and the trousers on different hangers instead of all on one hanger. Both were in plastic. Years ago, they would pick out the trousers and put them on the hanger with the jacket before sending. I prefer this new way as it is surely faster to have the fulfillment person picking two things and putting them in a box than make-to-order assembling suit separates.

The jackets are about the same. I compared to an older jacket and the only difference appeared to be no accent stitching on the sleeve buttons. I prefer this as it is simple to move buttons, not so simple to remove and redo accent stitching when shortening sleeves.

I don't have a Renoir suit to compare to as I never wanted to pay the $250 I've seen them for, but at least in pictures, it still looks the same as what they make for the house brand.

The trousers are "vanity" size, but this hasn't changed from before. I have a 36 true waist measurement (taken recently) and I wear between a 32 and 34 in these trouser sizes. I decided to err on the no-pocket-flare side and order 34 to have them taken in. Before, when I ordered 36, they were huge... they would have been huge if I'd have done that again this time.

I didn't have to send anything back as the suit jackets fit my shoulders and chest. I'm not sure if their refund process has improved.

They send their orders in a reasonable amount of time now. I ordered them standard shipping and they were sent the next day and arrived a couple of days later. That's much different from however long it took last time I ordered from here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I have a few suits from them , from before the fiasco and a couple after. Other than not having one arrive in a reasonable time, I’ve never had an issue with them. I do have to have them tailored, but the jacket needs little alteration in the shoulder for me. Sleeve length is generally good, only a little taken in in the waist of the coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk