Page 174 of 176 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1755

Thread: Combatant Gentleman

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    I have a CG suit that I've been wearing about once a week for over 2 years now. It fits pretty well with just minor tailoring, and it's been holding up relatively well for how little I paid. I had to contact the customer service for some product/order inquiry before order, and they were prompt.

But that was before the business went down the toilet, and I don't know how their product and services are now.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    554 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tayloreuph View Post
    I have a few of their suits, no complaints here, after tailoring. Buttons are cheap, but the drape isn't bad, nor is the fabric. My wife purchased one for me in July, which naturally wasn't delivered. I contacted the local news (I'm in SoCal, and we actually went to the show room in Irvine to purchase, which had to be done through the computer/website at the store...) to no avail. I've recently received an email from the company, asking to file a claim for store credit. So I've done it, and we'll wait. Basically I think that money is gone, and we're having her bank look into getting the refund, but I think that ship has sailed. The only recourse seems to be purchase through the company, so fingers crossed. I doubt I'll but from them again.
    Taking orders for suits that they don't deliver, can't deliver, and won't deliver sounds like credit card fraud and probably mail fraud as well. I would think your credit card company would refund you if you report it that way.

I'm shocked the website is still up and taking orders.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Taking orders for suits that they don't deliver, can't deliver, and won't deliver sounds like credit card fraud and probably mail fraud as well. I would think your credit card company would refund you if you report it that way.

I'm shocked the website is still up and taking orders.
    They're under "new" management.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    I've recently contacted them about some stuff, they got back to me in the same day, which is a good sign. I will still be very cautious though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    just ordered a suit to try out from them. I sent them an email saying how in the world could anyone trust them after what happened. The spokesperson who contacted me, apologized for it, understood what had happened before and said that's why they only sell the current suits on the website. She offered me a $30 credit ( I hadn't asked about it at all nor did I want any kind of discount) so I decided to give it a shot. Put it on my credit card, just in case I run into issues so we'll see how things go. Not expecting anything great or amazing, just wanting to see how it compares.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfrasier View Post
    just ordered a suit to try out from them. I sent them an email saying how in the world could anyone trust them after what happened. The spokesperson who contacted me, apologized for it, understood what had happened before and said that's why they only sell the current suits on the website. She offered me a $30 credit ( I hadn't asked about it at all nor did I want any kind of discount) so I decided to give it a shot. Put it on my credit card, just in case I run into issues so we'll see how things go. Not expecting anything great or amazing, just wanting to see how it compares.
    I see, please let us know how it is when you receive it!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)
    How did this go?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    It surprisingly went really well. I got the suit and it arrived within the time frame that the customer service representative told me. Suit is much nicer than your standard $160 suit at this price point (unless you bought a jcrew factory thompson suit) and since I got it for $130, I think it's a good bargain. Suit is pretty slim although I am a skinny guy (6ft 1, 140lbs) so I had a ittle tailoring in the sides. I got a 36r for the jacket. The pants fit perfect and surprisingly well in the butt region (skinny guy problems means you don't have much of a butt).

Overall, I would buy again. Nothing overpromised, just simple nice suit that I'll use.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    It surprisingly went really well. I got the suit and it arrived within the time frame that the customer service representative told me. Suit is much nicer than your standard $160 suit at this price point (unless you bought a jcrew factory thompson suit) and since I got it for $130, I think it's a good bargain. Suit is pretty slim although I am a skinny guy (6ft 1, 140lbs) so I had a ittle tailoring in the sides. I got a 36r for the jacket. The pants fit perfect and surprisingly well in the butt region (skinny guy problems means you don't have much of a butt).

Overall, I would buy again. Nothing overpromised, just simple nice suit that I'll use.
    Out of curiosity, how long are CG jackets? I'm a thin 6'2" and find that even size 38R jackets in most brands are too short. Size 40 is often just too large.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    @Spex Would the 38L be too long on you?