Page 13 of 176 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Combatant Gentleman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Vishaal -
    I've been checking the site to pick up a few shirts, but it seems the what I believe will be my size (15 1/2) in the slim shirts is sold out in several of the styles I'm interested in! Any idea when you will be restocked?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Vishaal,

Is your Tuxedo made from entirely Super 140 Wool? Just trying to clarify because of the 60/40 wool/poly on the other suits and the price seems ridiculously low for that quality wool.

From your site:
    "Every man needs a tux in his closet, but not every man wants to burn a hole in his pocket to get one. Check out our Super 140's Modern Fit Black Tux. We've updated the styling points that you see on many of those stale rentals (literally) and added some CG flair. Our jacket features muted satin accents on the lapels, pockets and piping. We even went a step further and tossed out that old satin striping running down the pant leg, and replaced it with some sleek tubing for a cleaner look. "

"Fit & Fabric - These two are one and the same. Great fabric without fit is useless. We've teamed up a modernly fitting silhouette with Super 140's Wool to ensure a great hand feel and look to the tux. More importantly these tuxes are built on a hand-tailored assembly line vs. an automated one that those of bigger brands have grown accustomed to. We care as much about the hands that go into these garments and it shows. "

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprnova23 View Post
    Vishaal -
    I've been checking the site to pick up a few shirts, but it seems the what I believe will be my size (15 1/2) in the slim shirts is sold out in several of the styles I'm interested in! Any idea when you will be restocked?

Thanks!
    Hey Sprnova23,

Thanks for checking us out. I have to apologize for being sold out. We are backed up and we did not expect the surge of orders we received. We are learning more everyday to forecast better. We are receiving our new shirts at the end of next week and will be stocked up in your size!

Thanks,

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liminal View Post
    Vishaal,

Is your Tuxedo made from entirely Super 140 Wool? Just trying to clarify because of the 60/40 wool/poly on the other suits and the price seems ridiculously low for that quality wool.

From your site:
    "Every man needs a tux in his closet, but not every man wants to burn a hole in his pocket to get one. Check out our Super 140's Modern Fit Black Tux. We've updated the styling points that you see on many of those stale rentals (literally) and added some CG flair. Our jacket features muted satin accents on the lapels, pockets and piping. We even went a step further and tossed out that old satin striping running down the pant leg, and replaced it with some sleek tubing for a cleaner look. "

"Fit & Fabric - These two are one and the same. Great fabric without fit is useless. We've teamed up a modernly fitting silhouette with Super 140's Wool to ensure a great hand feel and look to the tux. More importantly these tuxes are built on a hand-tailored assembly line vs. an automated one that those of bigger brands have grown accustomed to. We care as much about the hands that go into these garments and it shows. "

Hi Liminal,

Yes the tuxedos feature the 100% option.

Thanks,

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbysmalls View Post
    Are they available now? The copy on the slim suits reads "Using super 140's wool, this fabric will stand the test of time" but still doesn't specify 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
    Hi Liminal,

Thanks,
    Vishaal- don't leave me hanging! What's the word on the 100 percent wool suits?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Vishaal- don't leave me hanging! What's the word on the 100 percent wool suits?
    Hey Gibby,

sorry i have no idea how i missed this one.

new slims are featuring the 100% option. Not sure if anyone had picked up our last rendition, but I also changed the fit quite a bit on this one. I made the jacket slightly longer, we offer a dual vent instead of a single and the arms are a tad longer as well!

Thanks,

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Are they available now? The copy on the slim suits reads "Using super 140's wool, this fabric will stand the test of time" but still doesn't specify 100%.
    Hi Liminal,

Thanks,
    Hey Gibby,

sorry i have no idea how i missed this one.

new slims are featuring the 100% option. Not sure if anyone had picked up our last rendition, but I also changed the fit quite a bit on this one. I made the jacket slightly longer, we offer a dual vent instead of a single and the arms are a tad longer as well!

Thanks,
    Sold. You'll have my order shortly. And will review for the forum upon delivery.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Sold. You'll have my order shortly. And will review for the forum upon delivery.
    Cool!

Ping me directly with your actual name - I'll make sure your all taken care of

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks for the answers. Can you also let us know when you expect to open up shipping to canada?
    To answer the above questions!

What I meant from in the Mens Journal article was the fact that these suits are developed for the daily grind. We have a lot of our clients in the corporate environment who need suits that can sustain multiple uses and long wears. Also, suits that don't break the bank. I understand MTM/Bespoke very well. I grew up in it. (I hand make every suit/blazer I wear) For me there is a huge need for the relationship between the tailor and the client. Doing MTM online will not suffice. (This my opinion) This is the reason why CombatGent focuses in ready to wear with tailor seams in all the clothing. We felt that if you can purchase a suit with great value and great fit, you can then spend a few bucks to get a couple tweaks done at your tailor (again this relationship is great to have) to make it perfect for you!

Photos - Sure thing - I am out of the office today, but I can get some detail shots for you ASAP!!

Thanks,

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ry0579 View Post
    Thanks for the answers. Can you also let us know when you expect to open up shipping to canada?
    No problem - January, we are negotiating a deal with UPS as we speak.