Page 12 of 176 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Combatant Gentleman

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbysmalls View Post
    Vishaal- are the 100% wools out now? I don't see any differentiated on your site.
    Yep - the new slims.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbauer24 View Post
    here are some pictures of the CG tux that someone bought over in reddit.

http://imgur.com/a/PEpya#n2ltvUz

It does not fit him really well.
    It does look like he needs to size down 1 full size. A regular instead of a Long would fix that problem as well.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Yeah those fit issues do not seem to be a suit structure issue. The guy purchased the wrong size.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
    Yep - the new slims.
    Are they available now? The copy on the slim suits reads "Using super 140's wool, this fabric will stand the test of time" but still doesn't specify 100%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi Vishaal,

I've been reading a lot about your suits and want to give the slim suits a chance, but i've been scouring google and cannot find any up close photos of them. I'd like to see upclose photos of fabric, inner jacket liner, etc. Maybe you could even have those as photos on your website- let the product speak for itself so to say.

Also i've read that you are aiming these suits to be a "Workhorse" type of suits meaning you are still targeting those who buy custom made. Why not have a feature on your website where customers who happen to already have measurements used for previous custom made suits, can input them and it will tell them if a slim or modern fit suit will be better suited for them. -less returns, lower cost to serve.

Also when are you going to start shipping to canada?! and will the shippping and returns still be free when this happens?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Not to put words in Vishaal's mouth (sidenote: props to him for being so helpful and thorough in responding here), but I'm not sure where you make the jump from "workhorse" suit to targeting custom suit purchasers. There's a large portion of men who never purchase custom but wear suits daily for work. They may not buy custom for a variety of reasons, including price point being too high for them or not knowing the difference of OTR vs. custom or what they really want yet.

My guess is that a MTM system wouldn't be as cost effective as you presume. Most guys don't get measurements perfectly, and there's a huge advantage of being able to stock an OTR inventory. Again, I'm not a CG worker (or customer), so maybe Vishaal can shed more light on these things given his experience as a tailor and otherwise in the industry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi there, what i mean is that it doesn't look like CG is not excluding those customers who buy elaborate or custom made suiting, but rather embracing that market and providing them with workhorse suiting options. Reffering to the article i read of Mens journal.

"Vishaal explains that Combatant Gentlemen should be good news for great fashion houses. If men spend less on the suits they need for the office, they can splurge on outfits designed to make a statement. If a man needs four suits, Vishaal reasons, he can buy three from Combatant Gentlemen and then go get something elaborate and bespoke instead of buying off the rack at Macy's"-- Mens Journal

And regarding inputing measuremetns, I wasn't suggesting a MTM model (not sure where you got that from) but rather inputing measurements would help the consumer choose between the 2 type of suit styles they carry- Slim or Modern. It may be helpful for those customers who have had previous experience buying MTM and have their measurements on hand.

Sorry if i wasn't clear enough in the previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Not to put words in Vishaal's mouth (sidenote: props to him for being so helpful and thorough in responding here), but I'm not sure where you make the jump from "workhorse" suit to targeting custom suit purchasers. There's a large portion of men who never purchase custom but wear suits daily for work. They may not buy custom for a variety of reasons, including price point being too high for them or not knowing the difference of OTR vs. custom or what they really want yet.

My guess is that a MTM system wouldn't be as cost effective as you presume. Most guys don't get measurements perfectly, and there's a huge advantage of being able to stock an OTR inventory. Again, I'm not a CG worker (or customer), so maybe Vishaal can shed more light on these things given his experience as a tailor and otherwise in the industry.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Ah got it. End around, but I guess it makes sense re: custom suits. Personally I'd prefer to get custom suits for items I do wear every day, as opposed to funkier suits that I won't wear as much. For those, I'm hoping Suit Supply and others might work since the funkier ones won't get as much wear and are likely more susceptible to becoming dated or being in/out of fashion, such that I don't realllly need them to last for years or take a ton of beatings like my workhorses.

And I glazed over the last part of your input portion where you mentioned it being to choose between their fits; from the first part I thought you were thinking inputs to get a MTM... so I'm an idiot. Sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    hey No problem. Vishaal, can we get some detailed photos of your suits?? and also shipping to Canada? haha

Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Ah got it. End around, but I guess it makes sense re: custom suits. Personally I'd prefer to get custom suits for items I do wear every day, as opposed to funkier suits that I won't wear as much. For those, I'm hoping Suit Supply and others might work since the funkier ones won't get as much wear and are likely more susceptible to becoming dated or being in/out of fashion, such that I don't realllly need them to last for years or take a ton of beatings like my workhorses.

And I glazed over the last part of your input portion where you mentioned it being to choose between their fits; from the first part I thought you were thinking inputs to get a MTM... so I'm an idiot. Sorry

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    To answer the above questions!

What I meant from in the Mens Journal article was the fact that these suits are developed for the daily grind. We have a lot of our clients in the corporate environment who need suits that can sustain multiple uses and long wears. Also, suits that don't break the bank. I understand MTM/Bespoke very well. I grew up in it. (I hand make every suit/blazer I wear) For me there is a huge need for the relationship between the tailor and the client. Doing MTM online will not suffice. (This my opinion) This is the reason why CombatGent focuses in ready to wear with tailor seams in all the clothing. We felt that if you can purchase a suit with great value and great fit, you can then spend a few bucks to get a couple tweaks done at your tailor (again this relationship is great to have) to make it perfect for you!

Photos - Sure thing - I am out of the office today, but I can get some detail shots for you ASAP!!

Thanks,