Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1755

Thread: Combatant Gentleman

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jconnway View Post
    I have. That is actually how I ended up with the 40L modern vs the 42L slim.

The problem is the 44L slim is looser than the 40L modern. But the 42L slim is too tight.

Believe me when I say I have gone through it with the sizing options. As a matter of fact I have a 42L, 44L slim and 40L modern navy suit jacket, because I was so unsure of the sizing.
    Too tight/loose in the shoulders or the body? If it's the body and the shoulders are fine, take the jacket to a tailor. Most off-the-rack suiting needs a little surgery anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    ^^Shoulders. I would have no problem having the waist taken in a little, I already have to lengthen the sleeves on all my jackets so tailoring isn't a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is there anyway we can get sample suit fabric swatches before ordering the actual suit? I wouldn't mind paying either.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)
    I'm in the middle of my second experience with Combat Gent, so I thought I'd share my experience here. In short, the suits are still very nice, especially for the price. But if you have to return it, there appear to be some serious problems with the process.

My first experience was in November. As I posted here, I was impressed with the quality of the suit (slim, basic navy), but the rise on the pants was simply too low for me. Unfortunately, after returning the suit, CG never issued a refund. After several emails to customer service, I got in touch with someone who quickly corrected the error. Even so, the experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

Fast forward a few months and I learn that the modern fit pants (which are still quite slim, much like J. Crew's Bowery Classics) match certain slim fit jackets, so I order a pair of charcoal pants and then a matching jacket. Once again, I was impressed with the quality of the suit, but ultimately I returned it, because the jacket wasn't quite right. The high button stance and the slanted pockets look a bit off on a beanpole like me.

Because of my last experience with returns, I kept my tracking number, and I was surprised when several weeks after the suit had been delivered to CG I still had not received my return. I emailed customer service, who promptly said they would issue a refund, and I thought that was that. But when I checked my credit card statement they had only refunded the pants. I've sent another email to customer service, and I have no doubt that they will quickly issue a refund. But it's been almost two months since I placed my order, and well over a month since I sent it back.

@vishaalmelwani, if you still follow this thread, something is broken with your return process. I understand that your return rate is quite low, and I congratulate you on that. However, I've returned items twice, and both times I've only gotten my refund after delays of more than a month and after sending multiple emails to customer service prodding them to issue the refund. That's simply unacceptable.

As for the suits themselves, if you can find a way to lower the button stance on the long sizes and offer some of the basic suits (that match modern-fit pants) without the slanted pockets, I'll probably buy five. Same probably goes if you make the modern fit in a 38L.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Nice release today. Finally, a quality suit from this company.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    Nice release today. Finally, a quality suit from this company.
    It's the price I've always wanted to pay: https://combatgent.com/suits/three-piece-middleman-suit
    6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Hey @facelessghost

Thanks for reaching out and I apologize for the slow process it's been. I am actually in heads down mode re-tooling our reverse/return logistics as we speak. We are working constantly to fix the speed issues in dealing with returns and exchanges. We've added people to our warehouse staff and I can guarantee that this is my #1 priority right now. I think you will be pretty happy once you see the changes we are implementing within the next 2 weeks.

Once again I do apologize, and if you'd like to e-mail me directly at vishaal@combatgent.com I'd like to make this right.

Noted on all your notes - We have tweaked a few things for our Spring suits dropping in the next week and half or so.

Thanks,

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hamnett View Post
    It's the price I've always wanted to pay: https://combatgent.com/suits/three-piece-middleman-suit
    lol I'm glad you guys like the April fools joke

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
    Noted on all your notes - We have tweaked a few things for our Spring suits dropping in the next week and half or so.

Thanks,
    Can you give any details about those tweaks? New buttons, lining, full canvas, etc. Are the spring suits featuring new patterns or expanded color options? It's more of a fall color, but any dark brown suit options in the pipeline?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Hey @batkins9

Sure - we've tweaked the arm-hole a bit to be a bit more relaxed. This will specifically help guys with a wider shoulder base. Our shoulders feature a lot softer shoulder construction. The full suiting collection can be seen in this video here: https://vimeo.com/122061448

As per full Canvas - we won't be offering this in our Ready-to-wear line as there isn't that big of a demand for it. Price aside, full canvas suits tend to be a tad bit heavier as well. No dark brown slated for Spring, but 4 brown suits are slated for the fall. I just wrapped up F/W 2015 and you can definitely look forward to a lot more outerwear, tweed blazers, and some amazing patterns as well!

Thanks,