Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My new Horse Hide Slim Key cases are now for sale on my Etsy shop!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Thanks for the tips. I did see this advise posted above. These aren't "my" keys (I'm renting), so I prefer not to mess with or copy them, but that might help others. As a workaround, I'm happy with my solution (save for finding a trove of 1/8" diameter Chicago screws)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Just a heads up folks that I've renewed my inventory, so I have plenty of black and burgundy Chromexcel back in stock, and I've added 2 new colors of Chromexcel: Navy, and Olive.

The Navy is very dark, and almost looks black except when you hold it up next to black. I expect the blue will come out with use.

The olive is exceptionally beautiful, and I expect will take on really beautiful patina with use.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    I Just wanted to let folks know that I was able to source proper 1/8" key posts. This solves the problem some have had with keys that won't fit on the post. They're included in all new orders, but if you've ordered one in the past, and want to upgrade your hardware I've made a listing for a hardware upgrade that is just $1 plus shipping.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Are these 1/8 inch posts larger than the ones that Ashland Leather has on their key cases? The issue I had with theirs is that it wouldn't fit a plastic headed car key (not even the electronic ones with the buttons, just the normal ones with a plastic head that has the chip in them).

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papaholmz View Post
    Are these 1/8 inch posts larger than the ones that Ashland Leather has on their key cases? The issue I had with theirs is that it wouldn't fit a plastic headed car key (not even the electronic ones with the buttons, just the normal ones with a plastic head that has the chip in them).
    They are 1/8" wide by 1/2" long. You can fit up t 3 unclad keys on each post inside the case. I include the ball chains for attaching electronic fobs, but to be honest I have not tried a chip key inside one of these cases. My guess is some might fit, all by themselves on the post, but it would be pushing it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    I'm doing a Father's Day coupon. Now through the end of June, use Coupon code DapperDad for a 20% of everything in my Etsy shop including of course my fine key cases.