Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Giant: The Greatest Hoodie Ever Made

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)

American Giant: The Greatest Hoodie Ever Made

Does anyone have an American Giant sweatshirt or hoodie? I am thinking about getting one. They are expensive, but they are getting good reviews. Seems like they are heavy 100% cotton and well constructed, but looks like they run small. Free shipping both ways. Several sizes and colors are out of stock though.

www.american-giant.com

http://www.slate.com/articles/techno...wn_to_man.html

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Make it in maroon and slap a Texas A&M logo on it. Then you've got my attention. Otherwise, I don't think a hoodie really fits into my wardrobe. I get excited about quality clothing more than most people, but it's difficult for me to get excited about a hoodie. I did read the reviews, though. They're certainly glowing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    The mock neck, full zip seems like an intriguing option. Maybe. But it's still a sweatshirt. I don't know. Maybe if it was a blazer or a sweater, I'd be more excited about it. Still, I love the principle behind the company, and I hope they kill it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    #wrongmessageboard

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    Make it in maroon and slap a Texas A&M logo on it.
    Whoop!

Also, I have a couple hoodies for layering, casual wear, running errands, etc. They were all purchased for around $10 from GAP or Old Navy. I can't see a reason to spend much more than that.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    that heather grey crewneck looks incredible. signed up to find out when its back in stock.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    I think a heather grey crew neck sweatshirt could easily be a staple in most men's wardrobe. I want one that is both well made and form fitting, and theirs look like they would fir the bill.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    OP here. sorry for the misplacement of the thread. my bad.

anyway, I just placed an order for the navy heavyweight full zip hoodie. I didn't want to risk it going out of stock again. the navy looked more upscale than the heather gray, and less likely to fade than the black. I usually wear a size small in most brands, so I upsized to a medium as most reviewers recommended. I expect some shrinkage too. free shipping through fed-ex.

I will post back a report after I receive it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCDR View Post
    OP here. sorry for the misplacement of the thread. my bad.

anyway, I just placed an order for the navy heavyweight full zip hoodie. I didn't want to risk it going out of stock again. the navy looked more upscale than the heather gray, and less likely to fade than the black. I usually wear a size small in most brands, so I upsized to a medium as most reviewers recommended. I expect some shrinkage too. free shipping through fed-ex.

I will post back a report after I receive it.
    I have one and love it and I'm not one to wear sweatshirts. I do want the mock neck but it's been out of stock for months. They are a little more fitted than your average sweatshirt which makes them look better than most in my opinion.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    REVIEW:

I just received my navy heavyweight full-zip hoodie from American Giant. Here are the pictures.

The packaging was nice, but the color of the sweatshirt looked a little faded already. The 100% cotton material is thick and heavy and warm like I expected, but it is not as soft or refined as I wanted. The pockets and zipper are very good. It has reinforced elbows, and side paneling to reduce bagginess in the midsection.

The fit on me is not great. I ordered a medium, and it is slim enough, but the jacket length and sleeve length are too long. I am afraid a small size might be too tight.

Overall, I give this a 6 out of 10. I hate to do this, but I think I might be returning it (or should I exchange it for a small in lightweight?). This one just doesn't seem to be worth the cost. I think the material actually looks better on the website. It looks like they have a very good return policy though.