Thread: FS:NEW Thorogood USA-made tobacco leather boots, size 9 Wide: $110 (MSRP: 140+)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

FS:NEW Thorogood USA-made tobacco leather boots, size 9 Wide: $110 (MSRP: 140+)

I have for your consideration a pair of Thorogood USA-made boots, in size 9 Wide, in their signature beautiful tobacco leather. These are a bit different in that they're branded as 'Dunham'. But they're the exact same boots as Thorogood's famed American Heritage 6-inch Moc Toe Wedge sole boot as seen here: http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNav...137&prodid=154

As you will be able to see from the pictures below, the only differences are the obvious 'Dunham' branding, eyelets instead of speed hooks, 'Weinbrenner'-labeled outsole, Dunham-labeled cushioned insole and a 'Made in Usa' label sewn on the tongue instead of as a tab on the side. They were part of a small run made by Weinbrenner for Dunham to celebrate Dunham's 110th anniversary.

I've confirmed by phone with both Thorogood's maker Weinbrenner and Dunham/New Balance the above, and that - other than the design changes above - they're the EXACT same boots as the Thorogood American Heritage boots. This means of course, lifetime-quality Goodyear-welt construction, made in USA from steerhide tanned in the USA, composite shank, and ridiculous levels of comfort. If you're unfamiliar with Thorogood, please search these boards or Google it - and you'll see how loved and well-regarded they truly are.

They only problem? They don't fit me! But that's only my problem. They've been worn for two hours on carpet, in my house - so basically brand-new boots. The only thing I've done is put on leather conditioner specially formulated for oil-tanned leather. I'm 9.5D - 10B, so I'd say the 9EEE is true-sized, as I can wear them length wise, but they're too wide.

Pricing: Thorogood American Heritage 6-inch Moc Toe Wedge sole boots are available online for around $140.00, if they're not out of stock. That's the cheapest I've seen. So asking price for these boots will be $110.00, with priority shipping. Meaning, you'll be getting brand-new boots for over $30.00 off. Great deal for the rarest variant of Thorogood boots I know of.

Feel free to ask any questions, thanks!

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2182872...h/10520454624/
    Last edited by maltimad; October 27th, 2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Typo

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Price drop and bump. Now $101 shipped CONUS.

And a note on the width: A friend who also has these boots in this width, and is a true E width. He wears these with thick boot socks and they fit him just fine (his words). So don't let the EEE scare ya off - anyone wider than a D should be able to make do with these very well.