Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banana Republic Factory Suiting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Banana Republic Factory Suiting?

Just got an email from BR Factory this morning: 50% off all suiting until the 21st.

Not a bad deal. Does anyone have experience with their suits? There's a store within reasonable distance of me, and I want to see if it's worth making the trip out there.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by @andrew View Post
    Just got an email from BR Factory this morning: 50% off all suiting until the 21st.

Not a bad deal. Does anyone have experience with their suits? There's a store within reasonable distance of me, and I want to see if it's worth making the trip out there.
    Most of them are some sort of poly-blend. They're also different fits than the main line BR suits. I'd skip them if I were you, unless you're in dire need of a suit for cheap.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    I'd suggest skipping them too. They don't fit the same as the actual BR suits and the materials aren't as nice either.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    Depending on the distance, I would check them out and here is my personal experience. While I do not own a suit coat from BRF, I own some of their pants which I love. The fits are a little different so you would need to try them on as sizing could be a little different. But the pants have held up well and are comparable in my opinion to mainline BR. They hold the pants crease a little longer than normal BR but that could be the blend in the pants helping with that.

So I would say try it out as there is usually a JCF close to a BRF and you could compare.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Personally, I dont like the fit of them, or the material. I think they feel and look cheap, and for the extra bit of money, the JCF suits look a ton better. The mall here has a JCF and BRF across from each other. I would spend no time in BRF if my wife didnt like their stuff for work.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Same here. At this point there's not much I like in BRF (besides their jeans that I picked up last year). Only time we go in there is when the wife needs some pants.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Same here. At this point there's not much I like in BRF (besides their jeans that I picked up last year). Only time we go in there is when the wife needs some pants.
    Last year, they had the mainline extra-fine merino v neck sweaters, which are solid basics, for something like $25. They'll also occasionally have jackets (non-tailored) that are decent. I've also found a few polos on clearance.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    No experience with their suiting but I agree that they can have some deals on occasion. I have picked up a few chinos, crew neck sweaters, and polos from them back in early September on the cheap. For how much I paid, I am very pleased.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    I own 4 BRF (hahah, when read that way, it makes me laugh) suits, but I doubt I'll buy any more. They are all 'tailored fit', or something like that, and fit me pretty well. The first one I bought was 100% wool, so it seemed like a good deal. The last 3 were all super cheap, (like $80 or less for the entire suit) because I happened to find them in my size on the clearance rack, plus some additional ~40% off sale. I liked the way they look, but they are all poly blends. It wasn't even something I thought about at the times when I purchased them. Seems like all their suits are poly-blend these days. They all get pretty infrequent wear, so it doesn't really bother me too much. But, I'll look elsewhere next time I buy a suit.