Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banana Republic Factory Suiting?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    167 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by @andrew View Post
    Just got an email from BR Factory this morning: 50% off all suiting until the 21st.

Not a bad deal. Does anyone have experience with their suits? There's a store within reasonable distance of me, and I want to see if it's worth making the trip out there.
    Why do they, and you, use the word "suiting"?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/suiting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JT10000 View Post
    Why do they, and you, use the word "suiting"?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/suiting
    Maybe the same reason we say denim. Also, another dictionary site has an additional definition: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/suiting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Alright, going to resurrect this thread because I just got back from Banana Republic Factory.

After I posted this, I went to Macy's to find an inexpensive suit for a few events I have coming up. I purchased an Alfani Red for $180, which was a total waste. Returned a few days later after deciding that the armholes were way too low.

Then, I went to JCP to check out the Claiborne suit that Joe did a post on a few months ago. I bought it for $180, but after spending a few days with it, I started to feel that the fabric was really poor quality. The fit was good, but it really felt like it was on the verge of unraveling. I tried to convince myself to keep it, because I need a suit this weekend, but I ended up returning it today.

Then I headed over to BRF, with pretty low hopes. But I was really pleasantly surprised. Most of the suits were 100% wool, and felt on par with, if not better than, the Alfani Red fabric. And the fit was better than anything I've tried on so far. Armholes are high, shoulders are really minimally padded, and the pants are a true slim fit. Of all the suits in the store, I saw only one that had any polyester in it. Most were made in Egypt.

I picked up a navy suit with subtle striping, and I couldn't be happier with it. I paid slightly over $200, but with 50% off these would be $165, which is a steal. I can post photos if anyone is interested. Fabric detail here:

In short, BRF suits are worth a second look.

EDIT: I'll also note that I purchased a JCF Thompson in wool a few months ago. I ended up returning it because of the low button stance, but from what I remember, the fabric on the BRF really feels better than the JCF did.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    That's good to hear. I was disappointed when I saw so many polyester blends there a few months back. Obviously they are not the highest quality, but their suits are inexpensive and fit me well OTR.