Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: form function form

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    I was looking at the options of colors/leathers for the bands, and was wondering what the Latigo leather is. How does it differ from the others?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    latigo is cattle leather (as opposed to horse, bison, whatever myriad other options are out there), tanned in a certain way such that it exhibits very little stretch. It has a smooth, somewhat firm finish, exhibits no pull-up (where the leather changes color as it is stretched), and is not "self-healing" in the way that chromexcel tends to be (while chromexcel scratches/scuffs/marks more easily than latigo or a standard veg-tan, the marks can usually be buffed out easily with a little friction due to the waxes and oils in the leather). It's traditionally used for things you don't want stretching, like belts, straps for saddles, etc.

We use it because some of the colors look cool, and for some products they work great--I tend to like the feel of chromexcel more, but that is purely subjective, as I'm sure others would have different preferences.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    Thanks a lot for the info. So many choices!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hey Shawn -
    Looks like it's been awhile since this forum has been used, so hopefully people are still around!

Do you think you could post a general description of the different leather options? For instance I gather from the above that chromexcel sounds more supple than latigo (correct me if I'm wrong!). Just some direction as to which are softer / stiffer / self healing, or any other description that might differentiate between the different leather options would be helpful.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprnova23 View Post
    Hey Shawn -
    Looks like it's been awhile since this forum has been used, so hopefully people are still around!

Do you think you could post a general description of the different leather options? For instance I gather from the above that chromexcel sounds more supple than latigo (correct me if I'm wrong!). Just some direction as to which are softer / stiffer / self healing, or any other description that might differentiate between the different leather options would be helpful.

Thanks!
    hey man; I'll get to this...just wanted to let you know I didn't miss it. Stuff has been nutso the past couple weeks...I'm going to decompress a bit over the next couple days, but should have some time post-christmas to work on this. It's actually something I've been meaning to get on the site anyway.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Shawn.. Thanks for stopping by.

Maybe it's just me and I hope I don't sound too crabby but IMO you need to update your media for the camera strap so you're not using a SLR to depict the leather strap-on wristband that doubles as a "camerastrap". It just looks.. flimsy and perhaps doesn't do justice to the product.

http://formfunctionform.com/product/the-strap-on/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I purchased a button stud weekender a couple of months ago and have been incredibly pleased with the watch band and am wearing it on more casual days here at the office. I would heartily recommend that anyone looking into getting a new, less formal watch take at look at form function form

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    are you guys going to offer belts?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    FYI - really impressed/proud of what you guys have done with the Prickstarter fiasco.

I have a button stud band in my future, but I'm waiting for you guys to get more cordovan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    i oreded one of you timex watch sets on wednes day i cant wait till it gets here monday