Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the shoe collection

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)

Current state of the shoe collection

A few weeks ago someone replied to one of my posts wondering how many dozens of shoes I have at the moment. I had replied then that I would get a pic up of what I have when the dust settled, but it's not nearly that many. So looks like I have exactly a dozen if you don't count the several pairs of Jack Purcells I use for the most casual days.

Feel free to make comments or suggestions about what might be missing or feel free to share yours.

1. Alfred Sargen Hanover
    2. Rider Boot Co chukkas
    3. Loake Kempton
    4. AMI canvas chukkas
    5. RL by Crockett and Jones
    6. AE McAllister in bourbon
    7. Loake Chester
    8. Alfred Sargent Armsfield
    9. AE Aberdeen
    10. Walk-Over waxed canvas
    11. Sperry boat shoes
    12. Clarks desert boots
    Last edited by Vicious49; August 29th, 2013 at 02:59 PM.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I want the top three rows.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    I want the top three rows.
    I want his paycheck.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    I want his paycheck.
    I wish I had a great paycheck. Remember, even though the Ron Rider chukkas for example retailed for $800 or whatever they were asking, I got them on clearance for $250. I sold my Malverns on Ebay for say $90 so that brings the chukkas down to a much more reasonable $160. So the damage isn't that bad.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I wish I had a great paycheck. Remember, even though the Ron Rider chukkas for example retailed for $800 or whatever they were asking, I got them on clearance for $250. I sold my Malverns on Ebay for say $90 so that brings the chukkas down to a much more reasonable $160. So the damage isn't that bad.
    I've been lusting over the Mcallister in bourbon for a while. Did you pay full price? The shoe bank doesn't usually have bourbons in my size.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm just messin', man. I know you've been doing your research and getting some sweet deals. Nice job!

Have you been able to flip most of your other kicks? I often wonder how easy it really is. I have several pair, albeit nowhere near the quality of some of the ones you've discussed turning-over into the used market, and I wonder if it's worth trying to get something for them. Probably, as otherwise they'll jut sit there. Thing is mine are more on the J&M, Bass, Clarks level of goods. It's silly for me to have so many shoes, and hardly ever wear them; even if they weren't BIG money items, right?

Anyway, great collection there, Vicious. Wear them all in dapperedly-good health!

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake101 View Post
    I've been lusting over the Mcallister in bourbon for a while. Did you pay full price? The shoe bank doesn't usually have bourbons in my size.
    I got them during their last anniversary sale from the retail store that is. I don't remember exactly how much it was - I'm thinking like $249.

Have you been able to flip most of your other kicks? I often wonder how easy it really is. I have several pair, albeit nowhere near the quality of some of the ones you've discussed turning-over into the used market, and I wonder if it's worth trying to get something for them. Probably, as otherwise they'll jut sit there. Thing is mine are more on the J&M, Bass, Clarks level of goods. It's silly for me to have so many shoes, and hardly ever wear them; even if they weren't BIG money items, right?
    Yeah, the only other shoes I have besides what's listed there are 3 pairs of Purcells and all my athletic shoes. Most of them are over 10 years old but I don't just want to toss them.

You can try listing them here and see if there's any interest. If that doesn't work, there's always Ebay. I probably could have gotten a bit more for them here but went straight to Ebay with them.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Remember, even though the Ron Rider chukkas for example retailed for $800 or whatever they were asking, I got them on clearance for $250.
    How are those? I remember when you ordered them that you got that deal. How are they wearing? They are Italian made right? The leather looks great! I would have grabbed those Hannovers too if I didn't already have the Loake Litchfields.

Have you been able to flip most of your other kicks?
    I sold 3 of my AEs this week without even using eBay: http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...of-AEs-size-10
    One went to a forum member here and 2 to SF members. Maybe I could have gotten more on eBay or maybe not, but at least they went to good homes! I've gotten pretty good prices for everything I've sold before though, but I'm pretty good about care and maintenance too. In the past, a couple of things that weren't quite as nice I just took to a local consignment shop.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    That's a pretty good rotation Vicious! Next up, cordovan? Or maybe an adelaide like the AS Moore or C&J Westbourne?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    That's a pretty good rotation Vicious! Next up, cordovan? Or maybe an adelaide like the AS Moore or C&J Westbourne?
    I'm not a big fan of those type of shoes at the moment. As far as cordovan, I really don't like the way it get's the 'rolling hills' look but I've only seen pics online. Never seen a worn in cordovan shoe in person.

I think next summer I might try to get a pair of Rancourt loafers. Besides that, I just keep searching Ebay or checking in on sales and of course checking in on your deals thread.

Haven't had a chance to wear the Rider chukkas outdoors yet as the days I'm planning on wear them, it's been raining. I try not to wear them in the rain, at least not for the first few wears anyways. I should get a chance to wear them this weekend.