Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the shoe collection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Before this thread I thought my shoe collection was getting too big, but now I see many things that I want so the shoe collection must grow!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Fred,

Want, want, want, want, meh, want, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, meh, no, no, no, want, want, want, no, meh, want, want.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    Fred,

Want, want, want, want, meh, want, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, meh, no, no, no, want, want, want, no, meh, want, want.
    So you're a big fan of bluchers, monks and loafers?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Fred your collection is terrible, you should start over

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Those crazy suede-calf hybrid single monks...that's a lotta shoe right there.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    So you're a big fan of bluchers, monks and loafers?
    My list is based on your pictures from top to bottom, left to right. I like the boots and oxfords, dislike the monks, and am ambivalent about the loafers and derbies. But they're all nice. I was just being overly critical for comedic effect.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2098 Post(s)
    I need to save the link to this thread for the next time someone accuses me of owning too many shoes (I think I've got 12 or 13 pairs, including athletic shoes). Actually I will count:

1. Florsheim Haviland wingtips
    2. Black AE wingtips
    3. Brown AE Park Aves
    4. Brown Fratelli Rossetti wingtips
    5. Grey J&M suede bucks
    6. Brown Timberland suede mocs
    7. White Converse sneakers
    8. Brown Chippewa boots
    9. Trail shoes
    10. VFFs
    11. Chaco sandals
    12. Chaco flip flops
    13. Schnee's pac boots

So, 13, only 8 of which are everyday shoes.
    Last edited by LesserBlackDog; August 29th, 2013 at 08:25 PM.
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ooooooo a shoe collection thread, I've got an "old" picture, but I've added 3 since I took it, I may post it later

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    My list is based on your pictures from top to bottom, left to right. I like the boots and oxfords, dislike the monks, and am ambivalent about the loafers and derbies. But they're all nice. I was just being overly critical for comedic effect.
    I'm a sucker for chukkas and wingtips myself. Which is strange because I never liked wingtips until a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    I'm close to 50 all told. Those 33 above plus Asolo hiking boots (lived in these 9 days this month in Maine), Orvis fly fishing boots, Bean boots, Solomon snow boots, NB trainers, Pantafola d'Oro canvas sneakers, Pantafola leather sneakers (my "dress" sneakers), Camper sneakers, Camper brown derbys (almost included them above), Adidas Sambas (coaching kids soccer), Keen water shoes, Tevas (really old), Soludos espadrilles, Adidas flip flops, and Havianas flip flops (always left in gym bag).

EDIT: ... and I just sold three so I guess I was over 50.
    I think I have 15 shoes that I would say I wear regularly and then about 7-8 more pairs of athletic shoes that I haven't worn in a long time but can't bring myself to throw away because they could come in 'handy' someday.

Fred - What is the model name for shoe #3 (2nd one in the left row)? I think that's my fave out of yours.

So I want to get a pair of Rancourt beefroll or venetian loafers next year and I did order the Alden Indy's from JCrew when they had the 20% sale recently. Not sure if I'll keep them once I see them or maybe even I'll cancel them before then. They're not expected to ship for another 2 months so I have a while to go.
    Last edited by Vicious49; August 29th, 2013 at 11:10 PM.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Fred - What is the model name for shoe #3 (2nd one in the left row)? I think that's my fave out of yours.
    C&J Clifford, from the handgrade line: http://www.crockettandjones.com/Prod...n#.UiAHIBuTh8F
    It really is a beautiful shoe. Got it 50% off from Barneys last December I think.