Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Gustin Jeans Discussion Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Gustin Jeans Discussion Thread

Moderator's note:

Please limit your posts in this thread to the discussion of Gustin Jeans.

Please do not post any referral links in this thread. If you wish to share a referral link, you may do so in the Gustin Jeans Referral Link Thread.

Xeones25's original post:

Here is a photo set of the first time I wore my pair. I normally wear 32x34 (Lee, Dockers, Banana Republic, J Crew, Lands' End, LEC, Kenneth Cole) and figure a 31x34 of Bonobos travel jeans would fit best because the 32 waist I bought was a bit too big (didn't have any 31x34 in stock for me to exchange for).
    I'd say my slim fit Gustin jeans fit most similarly to my 608 Lands' End Canvas chinos.

They were a pain to button the top two buttons the first time, but have been easy to button up since. I really like the fit and fabric and ordered a second pair a week after receiving my first pair. My first pair is #31 The Original and the second pair, which I haven't received yet, is #52 Rainbow Nep.

Great jeans so far and I would recommend them. I guess I'll be posting fade pictures in about five months.
    Last edited by bruschetta; August 24th, 2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Xeones25 asked me to update this post.
    Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Gah! You totally beat me to the punch (by about ten minutes I might add). Anyway, I hope you get a lot of referrals! Also, I have to agree that I'm extremely satisfied with the pairs I've received so far (Organic, #17 Super Heavy, and #24 Slate). I'd also like to point out that they are launching Thomas Mason shirting next week starting with OCBDs, and plan to also sell selvedge chambray shirts.

I'd post my referral code, but don't want to look like I'm trying to hijack any of your business, Xeones25.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    I'm still waiting on my first pair of jeans to arrive. Ill reserve judgement until then, and my code as well. I don't like referring companies unless its something I support or believe in myself. It seems like a good idea but I can't speak about the quality or fit until my first pair gets here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Xeones, signed up under you! Looking forward to ordering as soon as the next <10oz denim comes out... (or the OCBD, whichever comes first.). What size did you order for the slim fit Gustin?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Just registered!
    6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BroSharp View Post
    Hey Xeones, signed up under you! Looking forward to ordering as soon as the next <10oz denim comes out... (or the OCBD, whichever comes first.). What size did you order for the slim fit Gustin?
    Thanks!
    I ordered size 32. Very similar to my Lands' End Canvas 608 chinos after breaking in. They are tighter than BR's slim fit and JCF Urban Slim.
    Yeah, I was very close to ordering one of those Light Italian 9 oz runs. That would be perfect for the hot weather. The 12.5 oz is fine up to mid-80's, but I'm not sure how much I'll be wearing them when it hits 90+.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I registed via a link on reddit that's $25 off. Waiting for a grey color to come up though.
    5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redford View Post
    I registed via a link on reddit that's $25 off. Waiting for a grey color to come up though.
    They just did a grey/grey one. I think they only released it a few days ago and it already sold out. Keep an eye on it the next few days because if they have more fabric, they'll open it up for a 2nd or 3rd round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Just a heads up. Gustin just started shirting. Here is the sizing chart. Just to note that those are the measurements of the shirt, not you. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'd get anywhere near a good fit with them. I'd need a large (like normal for dress shirts) to get the correct neck and sleeve length, but I'd be swimming in the waist and the chest would be looser than I like.

Also, I've added six pictures that I just took so people can see how much they stretch. These were hard as all get out to button the top button initially. Now they fit like a normal 32 waist for me.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    Must say I am intrigued by this brand. I have only bought Jeans from Nordstrom Rack and want to try out Selvedge. The problem is I don't wear jeans a lot (weekends only pretty much) and they have to be lightweight due to Miami weather.
    They do different weights, you just won't know when. Keep an eye out since they put new ones up every few days. Read the descriptions to see what the color and weight is of each new campaign as it comes up.