Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 984

Thread: Gustin Jeans Discussion Thread

  1. #21
    Dappered Veteran Vicious49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,596
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattface View Post
    I want them ALL. I'm tempted by the Super Heavy, but I think I am holding out for another run of Heavy American, because that's closer to what I am looking for in the way of autumnal jeans.
    I wish I could see pics of the actual jeans or a bigger sample size than a small square. In their pics, many of the fabrics look similar to me and it's hard to tell what it will look like in the end product.

  2. #22
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I have a pair that has gone through the process, just waiting for them to ship now. I am hoping to try them on and make sure the fit is right before ordering another pair, but the Postal Blues look sweet.

  3. #23
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones25 View Post
    Gray jeans are back with the Slate denim. Decision time again. Do I want gray jeans?
    I'm very tempted but would rather have a dark grey. If this was at the $81 price point I would have snatched it up already. Also not sure which cut I want. I wear 514s but find them a bit too loose around the ankles for my current taste.
    5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

  4. #24
    Varsity Member mattface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Montpelier, Vermont, United States
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redford View Post
    I'm very tempted but would rather have a dark grey. If this was at the $81 price point I would have snatched it up already. Also not sure which cut I want. I wear 514s but find them a bit too loose around the ankles for my current taste.
    THen you probably want the Slim cut. Best advice is to measure the pair you have that fits the best and compare those measurements to their fit guide. https://www.weargustin.com/fitguide

  5. #25
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I wish I could see pics of the actual jeans or a bigger sample size than a small square. In their pics, many of the fabrics look similar to me and it's hard to tell what it will look like in the end product.
    I have the same problem. They actually uploaded a picture of the Slate jeans in finished form...


  6. #26
    Varsity Member Xeones25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    329
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    I have the same problem. They actually uploaded a picture of the Slate jeans in finished form...

    Agreed. I like that with the Slate and Super Heavy they posted pictures of the finished product instead of just that swatch. It seems like the white balance changes with each of the swatch pictures as well so it's hard to tell what exactly you'll be getting.

    I should be getting my wallet tomorrow (apparently USPS tried to deliver it Saturday, but I never saw a notice and I'm not sure why I needed to sign since the jeans were just left at the apt office). I should be getting the Rainbow Nep next month.

  7. #27
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones25 View Post
    Agreed. I like that with the Slate and Super Heavy they posted pictures of the finished product instead of just that swatch. It seems like the white balance changes with each of the swatch pictures as well so it's hard to tell what exactly you'll be getting.

    I should be getting my wallet tomorrow (apparently USPS tried to deliver it Saturday, but I never saw a notice and I'm not sure why I needed to sign since the jeans were just left at the apt office). I should be getting the Rainbow Nep next month.
    If for some reason you don't want your wallet let me know. I am trying to piece together a tan leather set to match my tan Wolverine Addisons.
    5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

  8. #28
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I'd also love to buy the slate but want to get my size dialed in. My pair should be arriving in Sept.

  9. #29
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    1,145
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Guys,
    I've got the Slate and the Super Heavy if anyone wants pics. Neither has seen any wear besides the initial try on, as its just been too darned hot. The pic that was posted earlier of the Slate is pretty accurate for color - its a dense (saturated?) medium grey.

    The Super Heavy fit tighter than my other pairs - I'm guessing due to the thicker fabric. They are really thick and soft (as described on the site), and not at all stiff. So if you're looking for a crisp heavyweight - this ain't it. They are also very bright due to the loose weave and lots of white weft showing - so they're dark but bright. That makes no sense until you see them in a stack of other dark denim... They aren't as saturated a color as some of their denser, darker denims.

    Here's some pics of the Super Heavy compared to The Organic (which is a lighter blue shade than typical raw denim - such as The Standard or Regular):





    Last edited by Jamie; July 23rd, 2013 at 10:44 PM.

  10. #30
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    1,145
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    These pics of the Slate aren't the best - they are pretty close up. So if anyone wants different shots let me know and I'll try to get some more. I've been working long hours, so getting natural lighting may be a challenge...

    I really like these and look forward to wearing them this fall and winter!



    I think this one is just a little washed out:







    (And of course feel free to use my referral code posted earlier in this thread)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •