Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: J.Crew British Millerain Oilcloth Peacoat (Limited Edition)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

FS: J.Crew British Millerain Oilcloth Peacoat (Limited Edition)

J.Crew British Millerain Oilcloth Peacoat (Size Medium) - I do NOT want to sell this, but I never wear it. It was originally $298 from J.Crew. I bought it for full price in 2008, because I liked it so much. I may have worn it out 3 times. It's been sitting in a suit bag on a wide shoulder hanger in the interim. This was a limited edition, perfect for fall weather and will not be sold again. I'd take $250 shipped just because I'm having such a hard time entertaining the idea of selling it. I recently bought the Billy Reid 'Skyfall' coat for the winter, so I have to let this one go. More info here:

http://www.selectism.com/2008/11/13/...nchor-peacoat/

Last edited by frost; August 18th, 2013 at 02:57 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    Looks like a beautiful coat, I'm going to think about it... Definitely a splurge at that price. Just curious, why didn't you wear it? With how sharp it looks on the model, I would wear the crap out of it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Thanks for checking it out. It was definitely a splurge for me as well. As great looking as it is, I travel a lot for work and I've never really been able to fit it in as much as I would like. It's a really great material, and fit otherwise.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    bump!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Love this coat and a seemingly good deal. Sadly, I couldn't imagine wearing it enough in Los Angeles to justify that cost. Half of that, sure. Best of luck with the sale!

Seems like a perfect coat for fall or when traveling! How thin/thick is it? Lined? What size suit jacket do you wear and how tight/loose does it fit?
    Last edited by mdwsta4; August 24th, 2013 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Thanks for looking. I travel very lean, so if I bring a jacket at all, it's a blazer for versatility reasons.

This is on the thinner side of peacoats, about the thickness of a well-made trench / rain coat, with a basic lining (no insulation) which would get you through November / Early December in the Northeast before we really start getting into the cold of Winter. The material is something else, it has a really nice texture to it, almost like a sail cloth, or waxed cotton, but different.. they call it 'Oilcloth.' I normally wear a size 40R jacket from J.Crew and BR, but occasionally find myself in a 39R. The medium fits me similar to how it's displayed on the model. Like anything off the rack, you may want to make slight alterations.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    I'm usually a 38R, and this price is too steep for me... But damn it looks good.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    I had to save for it myself at the time, and also pay tax on top of retail, so I can certainly understand. There's plenty of time before Fall. My hope is that it goes to someone that can really appreciate it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    I may well pounce on this (provided I passed the bar and I can start work with my firm in a couple weeks), but I'm usually a 40S. How's the length, compared to other regular jackets?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    I'm 5'9" and it hits just a touch past my rear.. I imagine you can have it tailored if necessary. I read a post a while back where the guy from Style Blogger had a full length trench tailored down to 3/4ths length.

Also of note, the lining looks a lot like a chambray. Listed as 100% cotton.