Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTM in $22.99 was it worthy?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MTM in $22.99 was it worthy?

Just got my first custom shirt from Natty and i am not a haberdashery so wanted to have some reviews on this specially can i use some tie with it and was it worthy for $22.99?
    What i can tell is it is very soft fabric and non see through (Which i believe some of their fabrics are as per some comments seen on forum). I sent the exact size of my best fitted shirt and got it replicated so it is well fitted too. But i just ordered it out of curiosity for this price and now as it is better than my expectation so i plan to wear it but got confused about the combination or i should use it for casual moods only? Any comment would be highly appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Not sure what your office is like, but I would wear it to mine (mine leans very casual, jeans are common, non-collared shirts can be seen on occasion). Definitely more casual though. I don't think that would work with dress slacks, but would look at home with chinos or jeans.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    Be a good shirt to wear with a charcoal blazer and dark jeans. The dark denim and charcoal of the blazer would offset the huge visual pop of the shirt and, with the coat on, there'd just bit a slight bit of that nice delicious color pop.

Here's an example from an impossibly good looking jcrew model: http://s7.jcrew.com/is/image/jcrew/3...05?$pdp_fs418$

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure how your experience was, but Natty has been reviewed before on this forum with mixed reviews. I thought it was a good low price alternative for MTM, but it has its risks. They do not ask for bicep measurement and defaults to a very wide sleeve that is billow-y. Maybe ask them personally to take your bicep measurement into account? They also add margins, which is generally well considered and well executed, but the waist is something else (I asked for a 34, they gave e a 39). Fabric quality is decent, but nothing to write home about. I rated them highly initially, but after rethinking fit and wearing it without a suit, it is far from a perfect fit.

I am debating alterations although it seems ludicrous to spend 20 bucks on a 25 dollar MTM shirt. It's self-defeating and economically questionable.

Be adamant about your measurements and ask that your arms be considered.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you DerekH you saved me lot of time as i do have one similar jacket & jeans option and would be very easy for me to decide now.
    Zeejet i don't know where i mentioned the sleeves but i did send them an extra note on slim sleeves so i ended up in a really well fitted shirt (May be i was lucky) but i think i do not own such material shirt even most of my OTR shirts from some good brands are not of this quality. But as you mentioned you rated them good may i will be in better position once i receive the second batch i ordered last night to avail their closing out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Xeones25 you mentioned non collared shirts? do you mean the band collared shirts? i have been looking for them specially some band collar and half sleeves can you suggest some brand where i can find them?

TodCreasey
    I am wearing one today and I can't get it over my forearms when the sleeve is folded (I am big in the arms) so there is certainly no problem with billowy sleeves. If I had one complaint it is that the fabric seems to be a lot harder to iron then say Frank and Oak which fit me quite well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Brit View Post
    Xeones25 you mentioned non collared shirts? do you mean the band collared shirts? i have been looking for them specially some band collar and half sleeves can you suggest some brand where i can find them?
    No, T-shirts and just plain long-sleeve shirts. I have noticed band collared shirts on brook bros site and I'm pretty sure that was an option on nattyshirts.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Saw Japanese President at some conference wearing one banded collar white shirt with black jacket and realized that it is the best option for men with short neck. Even without tie you do look fab.
    Brit Ray BB Shirts have a narrower band and very sleek look but not customizable whereas Natty's Band collar can be customized and is really economical one to try specially with the closing deal these days. But i have not tried the Band myself and would request anyone who tries it to put some pics for reference.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no one tried band collar no problem i ordered mine will definitely post some pics