Thread: On wearing green…

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

On wearing green…

Apologies if this is not the correct forum…let me know and I'll switch it in the future.

Slate takes a stab on why men are wearing so many green pants…

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/g...s_in_2013.html

Eric

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    Hadn't noticed this was a thing; at least, not so much down here. I've had a pair of green Brooks Bro chinos for a couple years and green was my favorite chino short color for a few years. Probably because it was a color, but it was a relatively safe color. I've moved on beyond just greens though.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Wow, I don't know if the author could have used more pretentious language.
    As far as wearing green goes, I've got a pair from bonobos that I wear all the time. I really like them and they are a great color for spring and summer.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    What do you like about them?
    “They’re good for summer. It looks more light and more relaxed than jeans or khakis.”
    That's it, I'm going to start calling jeans "blues" from now on.

Gustavo Guerrero, 25
    Suspenders and capris....just GAH.

Not sure if he hand picked the people, but everyone but the guy using a colour to describe pants didnt not look very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I have grass green linen pants. I really like colored pants though. Heck, I wore orange pants to work last Wednesday (I'll have to wear that outfit again to post in WIWT). Bright blue today.

I do have to admit that I've had a hard time making green work appropriate. Now that I've done it with orange I don't think I'll have too much of a problem.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0w4life View Post
    what do you like about them?
    “they’re good for summer. It looks more light and more relaxed than jeans or khakis.”
    that's it, i'm going to start calling jeans "blues" from now on.

Gustavo guerrero, 25
    suspenders and capris....just gah.

Not sure if he hand picked the people, but everyone but the guy using a colour to describe pants didnt not look very good.
    DOH

*did not

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    RE: the article itself...wow, agree with above that that was one of the most pretentiously written things I've read in a while, it was almost unbearable. Not knowing anything about the author's style, I sort of took it as he was purposefully writing that way in a tongue-in-cheek fashion to go along with this whole "preppy/ivy-league" denotation associated with the green pants (which I wasn't really aware was the case).

RE: green pants...I have a pair of darker green chinos that I like a lot. I know that green can be a neutral color in a lot of cases, but still I am having trouble finding shirts to go with them. I have some grey and cream colored sweaters that are perfect in the winter, but for spring/summer I end up just sticking with white.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Taking the green pant plunge thanks to Bonobos 20% off: http://www.bonobos.com/spring-green-...s-straight-leg
    6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    First, I didn't realize this was a "thing" now. Second, are we supposed to care? That is a really silly article, and those guys are not dressed well.