Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooks Brothers semi-annual sale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Brooks Brothers semi-annual sale

Any idea if their suiting essentials are half canvassed or fused? If halfsies, this looks like a pretty good deal at 400 bucks. Especially with the flat-front trousers.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Two-Bu...os=5&cgid=0216

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Plain-...entpos=3&cgid=

Edit: and if you buy 4 shirts, it knocks it down 40%, making BB shirts 50 bucks.
    Last edited by DrBenji; June 17th, 2013 at 01:10 PM.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    From the reviews it looks like they are half canvassed with basted sleeves. Probably a pretty good deal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    What is the Regent fit? They used to have a page describing their various cuts, but I can't find it anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DManX04 View Post
    What is the Regent fit? They used to have a page describing their various cuts, but I can't find it anymore.
    I think it's a slimmer fit, but not super-slim fit, based on my googling.

Varsity Member Sigtweed Corduroy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBenji View Post
    I think it's a slimmer fit, but not super-slim fit, based on my googling.
    That's a fair assessment based on my experience. I think the operative word is "slimmer", it's not a slim compared to other slim fitting suits but for BB it is slim.
    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    From Ask.com:

The Madison is the fullest cut with pleated trousers, followed by the trim Fitzgerald with narrow lapels and flat front trousers, inspired by John F. Kennedy. The Regent is even slimmer than the Fitzgerald, with higher, leaner armholes and trim, flat front trousers made of Italian wool, while the sixties inspired Milano is the slimmest and most modern of the four, with narrow lapels, slim flat front trousers, and a shorter jacket.
    I've also heard that the Regent has a 7" drop instead of the standard 6".
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Varsity Member Sigtweed Corduroy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    My last suit I bought about 2 years ago was a BB Fitzgerald at about $400, I think it's a hell of a suit for the price. I'm super tough to fit off the rack and it fit me with barely any alterations which is damn near a miracle. They are classic and will never go out of style. I think the quality is a significant notch above most department store varieties at that price. All for naught if it doesn't fit well though...
    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DXLi View Post
    From Ask.com:
    The Madison is the fullest cut with pleated trousers, followed by the trim Fitzgerald with narrow lapels and flat front trousers, inspired by John F. Kennedy. The Regent is even slimmer than the Fitzgerald, with higher, leaner armholes and trim, flat front trousers made of Italian wool, while the sixties inspired Milano is the slimmest and most modern of the four, with narrow lapels, slim flat front trousers, and a shorter jacket.

I've also heard that the Regent has a 7" drop instead of the standard 6".
    Although I know that fit description comes right from BB, I don't think it is accurate. I have a few Fitzgerald jackets and one suit, and I own some Regent trousers and have tried on the suits. The Fitzgerald jackets always fit me slimmer. The Regent is pretty close, but not as sharp as the Fitzgerald. I'm 5'11", 190 lbs, 42" chest, and a 42R Fitzgerald fits me off the rack. The Regent would require the sides to be taken in. The Fitzgerald pants are slimmer as well. I think most on here would probably prefer the Fitzgerald pants, although I think I prefer the Regent... A little more ball room.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For Brooks Brothers, it goes like this: Madison -> Regent -> Fitzgerald -> Milano, fuller to slimmer. The Regent used to be a 7 drop, but changed to a 6 drop a few years ago.

If you're going to do Suiting Essentials, you're better off doing it in-store, as my understanding is they can make them in any of their cuts you want and they also have quite an extensive book of fabrics you can pick from. Last time I took a look, there must have been at least 30+ swatches in the book. The salesman also told me you can even get half sizes (like 40.5 jackets, for example), but I don't know if that was bullshit or not. Only drawback is that the fabric is not 100% wool. It's a wool/synthetic blend.

Edit. Should also add that in-store you can change details like lapel type, pick stitching, vent style, etc.
    Last edited by Chareth; June 17th, 2013 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareth View Post
    For Brooks Brothers, it goes like this: Madison -> Regent -> Fitzgerald -> Milano, fuller to slimmer. The Regent used to be a 7 drop, but changed to a 6 drop a few years ago.

If you're going to do Suiting Essentials, you're better off doing it in-store, as my understanding is they can make them in any of their cuts you want and they also have quite an extensive book of fabrics you can pick from. Last time I took a look, there must have been at least 30+ swatches in the book. The salesman also told me you can even get half sizes (like 40.5 jackets, for example), but I don't know if that was bullshit or not. Only drawback is that the fabric is not 100% wool. It's a wool/synthetic blend.

Edit. Should also add that in-store you can change details like lapel type, pick stitching, vent style, etc.
    You can do pseudo-MTM and get sale prices?