Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy Deal on Wolverine 1000 Mile

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Margotron View Post
    Anyone that got the black or tan - mind explaining your thinking? I honestly tried to talk myself into those colors and failed
    Tan has kinda a "streetwear" look to me? Or maybe western? Depends on what you're going for I guess. Black well... it's a black boot. Might be good for kicking people in the head or something. I unno.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post
    I ordered Cordovan No. 8 - which is NOT shell cordovan, but in the same color.
    Here's a weird piece of trivia: not all "#8" colors are the same. AE's burgundy shell is the true #8 as it comes from Horween, while Alden dyes their #8 shoes to a purple/eggplant hue.

These 1ks are burgundy (so in other words it won't look like Alden's #8), and I think it's a fantastic colorway for this boot. Rust is also very nice.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareth View Post
    Here's a weird piece of trivia: not all "#8" colors are the same. AE's burgundy shell is the true #8 as it comes from Horween, while Alden dyes their #8 shoes to a purple/eggplant hue.

These 1ks are burgundy (so in other words it won't look like Alden's #8), and I think it's a fantastic colorway for this boot. Rust is also very nice.
    Thanks for this... I'm hoping it's a gorgeous burgundy that doesn't look like I'm wearing eggplants when I go out. I was super super tempted (still am) to either change the order to Brown or order Brown in addition to the Cordovan color (rust no longer available). But that's just silly... really silly...

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Okay, definitely happy I got the cordovan color. From reddit:

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post
    Deal was for 35% off, and it wasn't for signing up or anything. Total for me was $143 w/ tax + no S/H. Mind is still blown by this.
    Mine was $135.20. I'm guessing there's no tax where I'm at but you did get hit with it. My order was strange. I never got an email confirmation and it's still not showing on my order history page. I had to call them and the guy emailed me a scan of my receipt. Hopefully everything goes through ok. I ordered the Cordovan in a size 8.5 since everything I read said to order at least 1/2 size down.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Yes they run large by a full size. I was saving up for a pair of Alden indys this fall but screw that! For a similarly handsome casual boot this deal is unheard of. Great tip!

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Is it a full size or half size? I normally wear 9 but ordered 8.5.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Based on my experience with this boot I tried both an 11 and a 10.5. I wear an 11 in ae neumok, 10.5 in j crew mcallisters,12.5 in Nike frees running shoes, 11.5 in most non sneaker shoes, a 12 in most sneakers. On wolverines,The 11 did not fit, heel slipped like crazy. I then tried the 10.5. Heel still slipped a bit when walking around particularly noticeably when going up or down stairs. Figured if they felt at all loose new then after break in they'd really be problematic.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hard to quantify that haha. I ordered .5 down from my AE size, which is an 11 (5 Last - strand, park ave, mccallister, etc). I had read this around the internet with some surety. could be wrong, never know. also i just ordered that stupid Gilt / Onward Reserve sale. Snagged the filson original brief for 100. not sure if i am crushing or getting crushed today.

Edit: I wanted cordovan too but all out by the time I got around to this :-\ Rust it is!
    Last edited by Margotron; June 13th, 2013 at 12:39 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Wow, I'm not even sure what I would do with these boots, but still I want them. Thanks a lot dappered!