Thread: Indochino's Traveling Tailor - alterations or returns?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Indochino's Traveling Tailor - alterations or returns?

I know, I know - Indochino gets really mixed reviews. I was hoping that I would have a positive experience with their traveling tailor, since I figured that the measurements would be right. I spent an hour with their master tailor getting everything measured, fitted, etc., and while I left the store happy, I am pretty disappointed at the end result.

The pants were more than 6 inches too long (possibly a full 10 inches?). The jacket sleeves were cut for french cuffs when I *specifically* said that I never, ever wear cuff links -- the sleeves are an inch too short. The arms were too tight, the chest bowed out, and the shoulders pulled. On the other hand, the shirt fit perfectly, and the suit jacket was the right length. I am having to decide whether or not I should try to get the suit tailored or should just return it outright. I know that it is easy enough to fix the pant length.

Do others have experience with trying to get the indochino suit jackets altered? They are telling me that they put enough fabric in to accomodate changes, but I also assumed that they would get it closer to right the first time.... thoughts?

(I also recommended that 2 friends get suits and they did -- 1 friend's suit jacket doesn't fit at all, and the other has yet to get his. I feel like a total jerk!)

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Will you feel happy about the hundreds of dollars that you spent on the suit if you get it tailored?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    Will you feel happy about the hundreds of dollars that you spent on the suit if you get it tailored?
    If the alterations make it fit, then yes... otherwise it is just a waste of $400.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    That sounds like a return to me. At best, you need a remake, I think.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    I think you should either return it, or have it remade. Those measurements sound unbelievably off, so even if you get it tailored I doubt it will be as good as a remade + tailored version. My own experience with Indochino was mainly positive, but I had a coupon that got me a two piece suit, a shirt, and a tie from them all for a little over $300. If you're purchasing at full price, I'm not certain if I would consider them worthwhile.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Sounds like a return. They gave you something that even if highly highly incapacitated you would be hard-pressed to purchase OTR. Even if they put enough fabric in to have it fit correctly (supposedly), this is honestly a matter of principle. They did a terrible job based on your description. Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks folks. I am returning it and am badgering them to let me keep the shirt for free. It would be the least that they could do. So, now have to figure out where else to get a suit. I am short and skinny - not an easy task! Such a bummer.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Measure yourself and once you're accurate and a whole new world opens up!

Suitsupply has all their measurements for each of their cuts, so check each of them and don't assume Napoli 42L would be like the Lazio 42L

MrPorter.com that Fred likes also post EACH items measurements so you could buy from them as well.