Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: What's that smell? - all things fragrant (colognes, parfums, aftershaves, etc.)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMan View Post
    I haven't Eau Fraiche. You rec?
    Yeah, it's pretty nice, IMO. I don't own it, nor have I ever - but I've thought a few times about picking up a bottle. It's VERY citrusy (lemony, specifically) up front - but in a really fresh, nice and then sweet way (awwwww...). Seriosuly it's pretty popular for a reason.

One thing that's odd, if you've ever smelled the women's version of D&G Light Blue, they are near-identical. Unisex, I guess. Maybe the drydown differs to make them unique. Dunno. They are both very clean, sweet citrusy scents. Nice.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    The wife is a big fan of old school Polo Safari so I wear that along with Burberry Brit and Lacoste Red.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankjcampbell View Post
    The wife is a big fan of old school Polo Safari so I wear that along with Burberry Brit and Lacoste Red.
    Lacoste *Style In Play* (red)? Or the newer red/white/green/blue polo shirt-styled bottles?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty nice, IMO. I don't own it, nor have I ever - but I've thought a few times about picking up a bottle. It's VERY citrusy (lemony, specifically) up front - but in a really fresh, nice and then sweet way (awwwww...). Seriosuly it's pretty popular for a reason.

One thing that's odd, if you've ever smelled the women's version of D&G Light Blue, they are near-identical. Unisex, I guess. Maybe the drydown differs to make them unique. Dunno. They are both very clean, sweet citrusy scents. Nice.
    @yoyorobbo
    So it's a good spring summer scent. What would you rec for fall winter? I like woody smells around those seasons.
    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMan View Post
    @yoyorobbo
    So it's a good spring summer scent. What would you rec for fall winter? I like woody smells around those seasons.
    Yep - VMEF would be great for Sp/Su, IMO.

As far as Fa/Wi, any particular scents you already like that I could get a better feel for what you're looking for, @MaxMan?

I have used several different fragrances for different seasons, so I certainly have some that *I* recommend, but I'd like to hear some of your input/tastes/etc first, if possible.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Yep - VMEF would be great for Sp/Su, IMO.

As far as Fa/Wi, any particular scents you already like that I could get a better feel for what you're looking for, @MaxMan?

I have used several different fragrances for different seasons, so I certainly have some that *I* recommend, but I'd like to hear some of your input/tastes/etc first, if possible.
    @yoyorobbo. My only experience is with Calvin kleins encounter. I thought it was pretty good. It's had a nice woody smell after a whole.
    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I