Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 'Best' no-show socks?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zerostyle View Post
    Weighing in late, but wanted to say NOT the journeys ones. They constantly slip off of my heel (and I splurged for the ones with the elastic in them).
    Agreed. I have some and they're terrible. The Sheec socks from the original post on this thread are a pair that I have quite a few of. They're super lightweight and very durable. Use them a lot and I have a couple pairs that have lasted over 3 years.

Here's a link to them.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    Very strange post for someone to randomly find and create an account just to comment on. Hmmm

Nordstrom house brand are my favorite. J Crew's are the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerpenguin View Post

Lol I was referring to that person finding a thread that's a few years old, without any new comments in over a year, and then creating a brand new account just to leave one comment to recommend a brand and never reply again. (What I'm saying is that's a spam account)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

'Best' no-show socks?

Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    Lol I was referring to that person finding a thread that's a few years old, without any new comments in over a year, and then creating a brand new account just to leave one comment to recommend a brand and never reply again. (What I'm saying is that's a spam account)
    Haha. Don't worry, you were clear -- is the emoji representation of "hmm" according to the guys @ Barstool

Edit: Didn't even notice the date. Terrible.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerpenguin View Post

I don't even know why the Jcrew ones exist. There's no stick backs on them, so they just bunch up at the toes.

I also don't know why Darn Tough refers to their low cut socks as no shoe. They clearly show even with sneakers on, let alone loafers.

I will have to try the Nordstrom house brand ones. I also want to try the Taft and Uniqlo no shows.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)
    Not a fan of the Nordstrom house brand. I picked up a 3-pack at Nordstrom Rack. They slip off my heel shortly after I put my shoes on. They do have stripes of silicon on the back. It might be that my heels are oddly shaped. I'm new to no-shows. My mom has been wearing them for a very long time, and she says they are a huge pain. Some women's socks have a little ball in the back that fits over the top of the back of the shoe to prevent slippage. Maybe someone can come out with a more masculine version? Maybe something made of metal? I don't know. Maybe I'll come back to this thread next summer and try another brand from one of the many that was suggested here.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    I also don't know why Darn Tough refers to their low cut socks as no shoe. They clearly show even with sneakers on, let alone loafers.
    Yeah, I have a pair of those. They shouldn't be called "no show," but it is pretty obvious from the picture that they won't work with loafers. I usually only wear them when I go running outside.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    I got these Nordstrom brand socks and should have known better. I don't think socks advertised to fit sizes 7.5-12.5 will do a good job of fitting all those sizes. I'm pretty much in the middle (9) and while they do stay put, they feel a little loose. I've had better luck with the Uniqlo brand that I have as they are snugger (or the elastic has held up better).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I was reading an article on no show socks and said F it and ordered the pair recommended. (http://onpointfresh.com/best-no-show-socks-revealed/)

Consensus: Vans makes some high quality af socks
    The most successful men’s fashion is conservative with just a hint of rebellion. - Rick Owens