Thread: Jack Wills

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jack Wills

I've been following Dappered for a while but this is the first time I have attempted any input or inquiry. I came across a British company that has opened up a few stores on the East Coast called Jack Wills. I live near Seattle so I haven't been able to check it out in person. I've read some mixed reviews, from people loving it and then there are the haters, comparing it to the British version of Abercrombie.

http://www.jackwills.com/en-us/gentlemen/suits

I took a look at their suiting (suit separates) online and while they are probably winter products, they seem to have some good sales. I am looking at their Darrock suit; the chalk stripe looks great. But ultimately, I don't know anything about their clothes and quality.

Hopefully it is a good tip. Any chance someone has any knowledge on Jack Wills' products?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i am tempted but would definitely wait for some reviews

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    Ive been to a couple Jack Wills stores out here on the east coast (Boston and Martha's Vineyard) and they are kind of like a British Abercrombie. However, I feel like they tend to have less in-your-face gaudy stuff and definitely swing more to the "preppy" side of things. Fairly expensive for what you get though. However, with that said, I picked up a navy blue polo shirt 2 years ago during a summer sale and to this day it's my favorite polo by far. It's the best overall fit and feel of any of the polos I have, (which, admittedly, are all pretty inexpensive polos from BR or BR factory, J Crew Factory, etc). I love wearing it and would love to get another one if I could find one that fit as well also on sale. I also tried on the softest, most comfortable feeling casual cotton shirt ever there, but couldn't justify the $70 or whatever it cost.

I don't remember seeing (or at least looking at) any suits in the stores I was in, so I can't comment on that.
    Last edited by drocpsu; July 26th, 2013 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've been to the b&m store in Boston, and own a pair of shorts and a pair of chinos from them. Their clothing leans heavily towards a preppy look, and they never let you forget they're british. Some stuff has gaudy labeling on it, but not all. I think comparing them to Abercrombie is sort of unfair - I would almost compare them to the now-defunct RL Rugby line, with price points/material/fit in line with maybe J. Crew. Most of their clothes i've tried on have a pretty solid fit, standard contemporary slim-fit stuff. I will say both of my personal purchases (shorts and chinos, which are both very casual) have sort of a strange fit. The pants get reeeeal slim in the leg opening, and the shorts are too full in the waist/upper thigh area, if that makes any sense. I like the looks of both, but rarely wear either (they were both impulse lunch-hour purchases).

Honestly, if you really like the looks of an item, I would stick to shirts or sweaters, and wait for a sale.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    For anyone else popping up on this. I am from England, Jack Wills is very popular over here, but it had got to the point where everyone was wearing it (at least where I live. A lot of people can't afford it in other areas)... which made it slightly less desirable. They do make some good clothes, however, I would often shop elsewhere, as some of their stock is too identical to most other brands and therefore has no selling point to me and my taste. I would personally stick to their shirts, as I feel uber comfortable in them. If by any chance no one else is wearing it where you live, jump on the wagon and make some purchases!

(This is my first post. Scary!!)