Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Let's see your watch collections!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    384 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lax101 View Post
    I'm a bit late to the party here, but I'm surprised nobody has commented on your Daytona...yet every Orient, microbrand, and homage watch gets tons of conversation. My god. My sincerest of congratulations.

Out of curiosity, how long were you on a waitlist to get yours?
    Thanks! I wasnít actively looking to get one but the opportunity came up and itís one of my grail watches so I couldnít pass it up. Ended up waiting about 6 months. I do hope (and think) that the bubble will burst... the prices have just gotten more and more ridiculous especially over the past year.
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    384 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    So my apologies if the wrong avenue. But for those with heirloom type watches (Rolex, Omega etc) were those event driven like to celebrate something/hand me down, or good value/price or other? Seems to me Iíve noticed a lot more Rolexís etc in general than in years past here and locally and with a tightening market just has me curious since the price is escalating into car territory.
    I havenít meaningfully noticed an uptick in the % of luxury watches around here although I could be missing it.

I think watches are almost by definition an expensive hobby. For me itís more about trying to learn and experience more which kinda inevitably took me upmarket (probably in large part due to marketing) but also because youíre kind of gated from a lot of what makes watches interesting by the price. I certainly donít treat watches as an investment, while the price certainly comes into consideration Iíve found that for watches (and most luxury goods), more often than not itís a bad idea to ďsettleĒ for something you like less just because itís cheaper.

On Rolex specifically Iím not entirely sure whatís going on but the demand over the past year has been ridiculous. 1 year ago you could walk into an AD and reasonably walk out with a SS sub. Nowadays itís rare to see any SS sport models in stock.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    384 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    My collection through the past 7-8 years:

Left to right, top row first

Hamilton Intra Matic 38, Omega Speedmaster reduced, Marathon GSAR, Hamilton Pioneer, Tissot Le Locle, Seiko orange monster

Omega Seamaster Apnea, Sinn 556i, Hamilton Intra Matic, Helson Blackbeard, Bell and Ross Vintage 123, Breitling, Longines Chrono, Dadís vintage Hamilton, Grandfatherís Elgin pocket watch

Wifeís Grandfatherís Mickey Mouse Casio, Dadís Hamilton, Nomos Orion 38, Seiko SKX007, Dadís University of Florida watch, BR123, Sinn 903, Rolex GMT Master II, Grandadís pocket watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3 watch boxes... thatís life goals right there haha. You have some really cool pieces! The pocket watch is awesome

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    3 watch boxes... that’s life goals right there haha. You have some really cool pieces! The pocket watch is awesome

Not 3 separate boxes, this is the same box progressing over time through flips, trades, and purchases

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Thought now would be a good time to update. As I stated in the other thread I think I'm finally in a good spot. I'm content with everything there and don't know what I'd get rid of. I do want a few other watches but can wait on those for a bit. I also have a GShock that's not pictured.

Top Left - Rolex 16610 Sub
    Top Right - JLC Master Ultra Thin Perpetual
    Bottom Left - JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Bottom Right - IWC Portuguese Chrono

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Thought now would be a good time to update. As I stated in the other thread I think I'm finally in a good spot. I'm content with everything there and don't know what I'd get rid of. I do want a few other watches but can wait on those for a bit. I also have a GShock that's not pictured.

Great collection. IWC makes a handsome watch though some purists shit on the brand. I think their font is just pleasing to the eye which makes me want one.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Dang I've been sleeping on this thread. Love the collections guys. I'll post mine when I get a chance. Just have the sub in for service so maybe it'll be after that

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    493 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Great collection. IWC makes a handsome watch though some purists shit on the brand. I think their font is just pleasing to the eye which makes me want one.
    Agreed 100% beautiful watch.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1458 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post

Awesome collection of watches. I like that IWC. I was thinking of purchasing one for a while, but ended up going with the Rolex Sub.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

L-R
    Bulova A-11 WWII ORD issue. Bulova 666 pre Snorkel (black). Bulova Oceanographer ďVĒ. Bulova Chronograph. Bulova Ambassador micro rotor.
    Bulova A-17. Bulova 666 pre Snorkel (silver). Bulova Devil Diver LE. Bulova dress Roman dial. Bulova dress SS quartz. In the middle is a Bulova Chronograoh MonoPusher
    Bulova A-15 reissue. Bulova 21 Jewel square. Bulova 23 Jewel ďGĒ. Bulova Surf King. Miller 39 Jewel.
    Bulova Millennia MotionQuartz. Bulova 21 Jewel SS round. Bulova 666 DayDate. Accutron 218. Bulova Oceanographer 333. In the middle Bulova Super Seville Date.
    Bulova Chronograph. Bulova Brigadier (great grandfathers watch). Accutron Spaceview ďTĒ.
    Bulova 4 hander. Accutron 218-0 RR Approved.

Thatís the current rotation. Many still in need of service.