Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: Let's see your watch collections!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lax101 View Post
    I'm a bit late to the party here, but I'm surprised nobody has commented on your Daytona...yet every Orient, microbrand, and homage watch gets tons of conversation. My god. My sincerest of congratulations.

Out of curiosity, how long were you on a waitlist to get yours?
    because most of us look at those and its just too painful to face the reality that we wont obtain lol. The Daytona is my lottery grail watch. Without the lottery, there is no way I will ever purchase one though. A real beauty for sure.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    because most of us look at those and its just too painful to face the reality that we wont obtain lol. The Daytona is my lottery grail watch. Without the lottery, there is no way I will ever purchase one though. A real beauty for sure.
    That last line is quite the trio -- jealous of the GS as well

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    That last line is quite the trio -- jealous of the GS as well
    for sure. I like playing the mount rushmore game...a 4 watch rotation to rule them all. All 3 of those are viable candidates.

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1441 Post(s)
    The market for Daytona's is going up up up. Definitely a nice watch and one I'd love to have in my collection for sure. Won't be for a long while though. If ever.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    here's a picture of my current collection. sorry the lighting is really crummy and not doing any of these any justice

top row left to right: JLC master ultra thin small seconds, stowa flieger classic 40 manual, rolex explorer
    bottom row left to right: wife's JLC rendez vous, Swatch x Hodinkee sistem blue edition, Seiko SKX009J, Seiko SARB033, some Tissot quartz (the oldest piece in the box)

when I bought the watch box I also told myself to never own more watches than there are slots in the box. looks like I'm getting there, maybe one more at most. also done buying watches for the moment anyway, gotta save up for a new speedy /w that cal. 321 (whenever omega decides to let that one out of the bag).

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1441 Post(s)
    Very nice collection there @kongmw I am kind of in the same boat as you are. I'm pretty much done buying watches for the moment. Nothing is really catching my eye right now (although this watch certainly comes close) but for now, I'm good. I already have some watches I don't wear often enough, if at all.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)
    So my apologies if the wrong avenue. But for those with heirloom type watches (Rolex, Omega etc) were those event driven like to celebrate something/hand me down, or good value/price or other? Seems to me I’ve noticed a lot more Rolex’s etc in general than in years past here and locally and with a tightening market just has me curious since the price is escalating into car territory.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    265 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    So my apologies if the wrong avenue. But for those with heirloom type watches (Rolex, Omega etc) were those event driven like to celebrate something/hand me down, or good value/price or other? Seems to me I’ve noticed a lot more Rolex’s etc in general than in years past here and locally and with a tightening market just has me curious since the price is escalating into car territory.
    My Rolex was my grail watch that happened to show up on a Facebook local trading site that my wife used to find baby furniture . The price was way below market, so I met the seller at a watch maker to authenticate before purchase. It has easily doubled or tripled the price I paid since. I certainly couldn’t afford one at today’s used prices!

My collection, as a whole, has come from years of collecting: buying, selling and trading. My first nice watch was a Breitling that I bought for my self with my first Big commission check out of college. All of my mentors wore Tag Heuer and I new that loved watches, so I had to get one. When I went to the store, I decided I didn’t want what every one else was wearing, so I wandered over to the Breitling case and fell in love with a white Colt chronograph with blue sundials. I bought it on site and have been collecting ever since.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    265 Post(s)
    My collection through the past 7-8 years:

Left to right, top row first

Hamilton Intra Matic 38, Omega Speedmaster reduced, Marathon GSAR, Hamilton Pioneer, Tissot Le Locle, Seiko orange monster

Omega Seamaster Apnea, Sinn 556i, Hamilton Intra Matic, Helson Blackbeard, Bell and Ross Vintage 123, Breitling, Longines Chrono, Dad’s vintage Hamilton, Grandfather’s Elgin pocket watch

Wife’s Grandfather’s Mickey Mouse Casio, Dad’s Hamilton, Nomos Orion 38, Seiko SKX007, Dad’s University of Florida watch, BR123, Sinn 903, Rolex GMT Master II, Grandad’s pocket watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Loafer28; June 17th, 2019 at 04:59 PM.