Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see your watch collections!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Yep, they are fairly popular on Watchuseek and Sizzlin Watches is a good standing vendor there. I've never seen any complaints on them either. They look very nice at a good price point.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch buchannon View Post
    ... I picked it up on this site: http://www.thetimetraveler.co/ .Its not the cheapest case out there but I think it's class.
    Here is another link to a guy called Rainer in Germany that makes watch boxes. These are great and again come with great reviews - http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...ANERAI+WATCHES
    @mitch- thanks for the reference, this is the quality I'm looking for! I hoe this can accommodate my custom strap which a tad longer than all my stock straps and barely fits in my cheap case...

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    ... Hopefully you guys can give me some opinions. They're both roughly the same price.

A. It is a hand wind and has a display back. I'd be getting it with a brown strap instead of the black since I like that look better.

B. I like the look of the face better but it doesn't have the display back.

I've never had a watch with a display back and this one since it's hand wind doesn't have the rotor covering up half of it which is why at the moment I'm leaning towards option A.
    My 2cents- watches with no additional complications are a classy look. I have a few watches with display backs and can't really understand the point... not like I can see anything once the watch is on my wrist and once it's off I can't say I look at the back. If it adds cost to the watch, why pay for that?

As far as A or B... A is out for me and B would look better if in a SS matte or shiny case. Black cases can look good in certain environments but, to me, those are very few for casual wear.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajk170 View Post
    My 2cents- watches with no additional complications are a classy look. I have a few watches with display backs and can't really understand the point... not like I can see anything once the watch is on my wrist and once it's off I can't say I look at the back. If it adds cost to the watch, why pay for that?

As far as A or B... A is out for me and B would look better if in a SS matte or shiny case. Black cases can look good in certain environments but, to me, those are very few for casual wear.
    They make them with a silver case as well. I wanted the PVD for the more casual look. I've found the black case with brown strap works very well with jeans and pretty much any color shoes. No need to worry about will it go with black or brown, etc. Maybe it won't look as nice in person and I'll wish I had gotten the silver case. Won't know that one until I see it in person.

As far as A or B, A is actually cheaper by a few dollars so no added costs. I think that one appeals to me because I've never had a display back (which like you said is pretty pointless once you've had one) and I've never owned a hand wind. The novelty of it won me over. I'll probably order it later today and update you guys once it gets here.
    Last edited by Vicious49; May 15th, 2013 at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @mitch- thanks for the reference, this is the quality I'm looking for! I hoe this can accommodate my custom strap which a tad longer than all my stock straps and barely fits in my cheap case...
    Don't rush and buy it yet. I'll take pictures tomorrow along with internal measurements and get back to you.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2080 Post(s)
    The watches that spend the most time on my wrist are my Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic, Hamilon Khaki Night Pilot, and Ball Fireman Racer. I've also got a blue Orient Ray on a rotation of NATO straps, a couple quartz watches with tritium (Deep Blue and L.L.Bean), and a basic G-Shock DW5600E that get quite a bit of wear.

I'm in the midst of a move right now, but I'll try to put a group shot together when I'm more unpacked.
    Ben

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    @Anvil- I like the case for your collection- where did you find it? My collection has grown in size and I am need of a nice case for at home. It's a nice collection you have as well!
    Thanks ajk! The case is something I hacked together a couple of weeks ago. The box itself I found at Winners (Canada's version of TJMaxx/Marshall's, except now we have Marshall's too) for $30. The cushions are a couple of tips I picked up from a thread on Watchuseek: cut up paint rollers, covered in black tubesocks! Works great, but I need to add some blocks or something at the bottom to keep them from rolling around.

The only problem is, it only holds eight watches, and I'll be past that in the next week or two...

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch buchannon View Post
    Don't rush and buy it yet. I'll take pictures tomorrow along with internal measurements and get back to you.
    Thanks! I appreciate the measurements!

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    @Anvil- I like the case for your collection- where did you find it? My collection has grown in size and I am need of a nice case for at home. It's a nice collection you have as well!

@ mitch- I really like you travel case- it looks very solid- where did you find it? The one I have is cheap and already falling apart after two months of very light use. Is there a divider that folds in-between the tow halves? It looks as though there is something out of the picture.

No immediate pics of my collection but
    Tag Aquaracer (Anniversary gift)
    Hamilton Jazzmaster
    Swiss Army Convoy Chrono with a custom vintigarstrap (Creatura w/Yale blue stitching- easily the best strap in the whole collection) http://vintagerstraps.com for those that are interested, Micah does excellent work!
    Rose Gold Orient Bambino
    Timex Weekender with FFF chromexcel button-stud strap
    Citizen Eco-drive Silver black strap w/white face (BM7190-05A- changed the band to a HadleyRoma black calf skin)
    Movado Museum- circa 1997 (not sure what it's really called has a smaller case...maybe 36mm- a gift during college)
    Highgear Trailhead2 compass (running/working out watch)
    Here is an update- half the collection:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Left to Right-
    Orient Bambino in Rose Gold
    Victornox Convoy chrono w/custom vintager creature in yale blue
    Citizen Eco-drive with stock strap
    Tag Aquaracer

The case is the junk case from Amazon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Cell phone pics, but I really have nothing to showcase anyway. I am not big on watches since it seems to be a very expensive hobby. Most of what I own I was given as a gift. The only "real" watches I purchased were because of this site and those were the orients and seiko 5.

I hope to own a Christopher Ward diver one day. My workhorses are my two orients, but my citizen eco-drives are very useful.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Upper left, Citizen eco-drive, blue mako, orient (can't remember but it's my dress watch)
    Upper right, my bracelet watches. I am not a fan of bracelet watches so all I own are the fossil my wife gave to me and an old adidas watch from high school
    Bottom, another citizen eco-drive, and old eddie bauer (my first watch ever), Seiko 5, a citizen my in laws gave me on my wedding day, and my grandfather's windup Waltham watch

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My storage system for my accouterments. Just because I don't own nice things doesn't mean I can't store them nicely.
    Oh and ignore the Folex watch at the top, I want to take it apart one day and see how it works. It's broke anyway, plus it's falsely stamped with "Rolex" and I can't be caught dead with it on.