Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see your watch collections!

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    @Anvil- I like the case for your collection- where did you find it? My collection has grown in size and I am need of a nice case for at home. It's a nice collection you have as well!

@ mitch- I really like you travel case- it looks very solid- where did you find it? The one I have is cheap and already falling apart after two months of very light use. Is there a divider that folds in-between the tow halves? It looks as though there is something out of the picture.

No immediate pics of my collection but
    Tag Aquaracer (Anniversary gift)
    Hamilton Jazzmaster
    Swiss Army Convoy Chrono with a custom vintigarstrap (Creatura w/Yale blue stitching- easily the best strap in the whole collection) http://vintagerstraps.com for those that are interested, Micah does excellent work!
    Rose Gold Orient Bambino
    Timex Weekender with FFF chromexcel button-stud strap
    Citizen Eco-drive Silver black strap w/white face (BM7190-05A- changed the band to a HadleyRoma black calf skin)
    Movado Museum- circa 1997 (not sure what it's really called has a smaller case...maybe 36mm- a gift during college)
    Highgear Trailhead2 compass (running/working out watch)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=ajk170;114415@ mitch- I really like you travel case- it looks very solid- where did you find it? The one I have is cheap and already falling apart after two months of very light use. Is there a divider that folds in-between the tow halves? It looks as though there is something out of the picture)[/QUOTE]

Hey man,

Yeah there is a divider that buttons down between the two halves. Im a member of a few watch forums and I bought it on recommendation's from those. I picked it up on this site: http://www.thetimetraveler.co/ .Its not the cheapest case out there but I think it's class.
    Here is another link to a guy called Rainer in Germany that makes watch boxes. These are great and again come with great reviews - http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...ANERAI+WATCHES

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    There are some really awesome collections in this thread. We need to keep this alive.

For those of you looking for a nice looking storage solution for their watches, check out http://www.acetimer.com/Watch-Cases/. No affiliation other than we own several of their display cases. For the price they probably can't be beat. The construction and materials are very nice, and they are all $30-100 depending on the style. I think we paid about $70 for a 24 watch black wood case with a glass display top.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    546 Post(s)
    I just ordered an Orient Mako this morning. I essentially got this one except with a rubber strap. It was cheaper with the rubber strap and for me it didn't matter since I'm going to wear it with NATO's. I went with it for 2 reasons over some of the other cheaper divers.
    1. It has 22MM lugs which means I can use most of the NATO straps I already own from a previous diver I had.
    2. It is a diver but is still a bit different in terms of the dial than others so it's kind of it's own watch instead of an 'homage'.
    I'm still not happy about the month/date but I figure I just won't set them most of the time. I'll set the time and go unless I'll be wearing it for an extended period of time.

It's funny that Crown and Buckle just posted because the straps I have left over from my Steinhart OVM are from C&B. If I end up keeping the Mako for an extended time, I'll definitely be ordering a few more colorful straps from them.
    Last edited by Vicious49; May 15th, 2013 at 09:49 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    I just added this back to my collection. It is quartz, but still an amazing watch. I wanted to get something with a rubber strap that had a tie to F1.

I will probably add a vintage Speedmaster to my collection by the end of the year.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    546 Post(s)
    I didn't used to like SpeedMasters but they're starting to grow on me. Maybe I'll pick one up in 5-10 years. It's not like they'll change the design on it.

I'm trying to decide between these 2 watches at the moment. Hopefully you guys can give me some opinions. They're both roughly the same price.

A. It is a hand wind and has a display back. I'd be getting it with a brown strap instead of the black since I like that look better.

B. I like the look of the face better but it doesn't have the display back.

I've never had a watch with a display back and this one since it's hand wind doesn't have the rotor covering up half of it which is why at the moment I'm leaning towards option A.
    Last edited by Vicious49; May 15th, 2013 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I can't put my finger why, but I actually prefer the first one (with the sub-seconds dial). It looks more complete than the one with central seconds.

The movement looks like an ETA 6497 clone, and is finished pretty nicely, so a display case back would be a nice perk of that watch.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1015 Post(s)
    Watch 1: Timex watch on brown strap from Target

Watch 2: Hamilton Khaki Automatic with black face. I think it is 42mm

Watch 3: Future purchase once it arrives in stores. Also a wedding gift from my fiance. Rolex GMT Master. blue/Black face from Basel 2013.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    546 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrownAndBuckle View Post
    I can't put my finger why, but I actually prefer the first one (with the sub-seconds dial). It looks more complete than the one with central seconds.

The movement looks like an ETA 6497 clone, and is finished pretty nicely, so a display case back would be a nice perk of that watch.
    It's a Ticino by sizzlinwatches.com if you've heard of them. I hadn't really until yesterday and did some digging around and couldn't find anything negative about them. It seems they use decent movements and do a good job of putting everything together. The movement is stated as being:
    Movement: Segull TY3600-2B swan neck; 21,600 bph Cotes De Geneve

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I didn't used to like SpeedMasters but they're starting to grow on me. Maybe I'll pick one up in 5-10 years. It's not like they'll change the design on it.

I'm trying to decide between these 2 watches at the moment. Hopefully you guys can give me some opinions. They're both roughly the same price.

A. It is a hand wind and has a display back. I'd be getting it with a brown strap instead of the black since I like that look better.

B. I like the look of the face better but it doesn't have the display back.

I've never had a watch with a display back and this one since it's hand wind doesn't have the rotor covering up half of it which is why at the moment I'm leaning towards option A.
    I actually like option B from a purely cosmetic level, but I don't have a lot of experience with hand-wound watches. I do like the look of both of 'em, though; I'm a sucker for bright blue hands.

And for fun, my orange ray I'm wearing today: