Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see your watch collections!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    That's a handsome watch. I really like the aesthetics of a dark face and case against a tan strap.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I've slimmed down my collection substantially this past year. I also finally decided to move them from sitting on top of the dresser into a proper case. Picked this up at Brookstone for $200. Looks good and showcases my collection nicely. Only downside is it only holds 4 watches, but I wear one daily so it keeps the others wound

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    @mdwsta4: Details on the watch on the right? Hard to tell, but it looks like it might have blue hands.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Good eye. Yes, the hands are indeed blue. There was a movie from 2007 with Ryan Gosling and Anthony Hopkins called Fracture. Ryan Gosling's character had this awesome white faced watch that I fell in love with. It was the IWC Portuguese. Sadly, there is no way I could drop $13k on a single watch so I looked for alternatives. I came across a German company called Archimede and their Klassik model. Fit the bill almost perfectly and I actually prefer the cleaner face vs the chrono of the IWC. It is my go to dress watch and I get compliments on it whenever I wear it. The blue hands and blue leather strap are subtle, but stand out. At this point it's the oldest, and cheapest, watch in my collection!

http://www.archimede-uhren.de/archim...-eta-2824.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't posted here in a while but wanted to share my modest but recently expanded watch collection.

Orient Blue Mako on Watchadoo, Seiko SNKK65 on International Watchman leather strap, Cream Timex Weekender (from recent Target BOGO sale), White Timex Easy Reader on eBay NATO, Timex T2P1339J (also from Target BOGO deal), Casio W800H-1AV (for working out).

My go-to watches lately have been the Mako and the Weekender and I get a ton of use out of the Casio. The Easy Reader is also special to me because that was the first one of these that I bought.

edit: And by "a while" apparently I mean ever. I've had this account for two years and never posted? Pretty bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    My dad gave me his Rolex Datejust as a college graduation present last year, I rarely wear it because I'm not sure if I like the gold/silver look and don't really know what to wear it with. I would rather have a Speedy but of course selling it is out of the question.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwsta4 View Post
    I've slimmed down my collection substantially this past year. I also finally decided to move them from sitting on top of the dresser into a proper case. Picked this up at Brookstone for $200. Looks good and showcases my collection nicely. Only downside is it only holds 4 watches, but I wear one daily so it keeps the others wound

Is that an MkII I spot there! I have the Kingston which I purchased to wear for my wedding, I wear it almost every day.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Only one I recognize is the Omega Planet Ocean on the left. The one next to it looks like a CW. He's already shed light one one of them so that leaves 2 that are a mystery.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    New obsession:

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    So heres my extremely modest collection.
    Casio G-Shock
    Timex Weekender
    Old Eddie Bauer
    Esq is silver/gold
    MSTR is all gold ( won this one in an instagram contest)

Really looking to expand though. Future purchases will be:

Orient Blue Ray
    CW Malvern of some sort