Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see your watch collections!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)
    Here is a photo of my meager watch collection. It has served me well.

L to R: Casio Edifice 503D; skagen steel series, Seiko Kinetic, Citizen EcoDrive

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Very attractive collection that should easily take you from casual to dress situations!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrownAndBuckle View Post
    Very attractive collection that should easily take you from casual to dress situations!
    Thanks. I've never really been a big 'watch collection' kind of person, but I feel like its enough to meet basically any need/wardrobe I have. And the 2 nato straps are yours! They are navy, even though they look almost black in the photo. I do think it would be kind of nice to get a black leather strap to put on the rectangular Citizen, since I really only wear it as a dress watch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drocpsu View Post
    Thanks. I've never really been a big 'watch collection' kind of person, but I feel like its enough to meet basically any need/wardrobe I have. And the 2 nato straps are yours! They are navy, even though they look almost black in the photo. I do think it would be kind of nice to get a black leather strap to put on the rectangular Citizen, since I really only wear it as a dress watch.
    Leather still works in dress situations depending on the style of leather. A leather strap would really look great on the rectangular watch.

Thanks for the support as well (with the NATOs)!
    Last edited by CrownAndBuckle; August 6th, 2013 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I recently popped off my Orange Monster bracelet (good night, drilled lugs are awesome) to play with some Nato's for more casual wear.
    Put it on an orange strap, wore it with some more downplayed colors (grey blue and black) and it popped nicely without being too much.

I also totally ripped off a look seen on Worn & Wound and put my Seiko SNZH53 on a Honey Brown Hirsch Liberty strap.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremperj View Post
    I also totally ripped off a look seen on Worn & Wound and put my Seiko SNZH53 on a Honey Brown Hirsch Liberty strap.

Good look! I like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Since no one else has done it, I'll break the ice.
    This is my big ugly.
    G-shock GW-6900 has more in common with a tank.
    200m water resist, automatic backlight (always shut this off), solar powered, and atomic clock sync.
    This is my mud run/workout/"need something tougher than my Suunto" watch.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)
    I want a G-Shock for when I'm exercising and stuff but most of them are too big for my 6.5"-6.75" wrists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I want a G-Shock for when I'm exercising and stuff but most of them are too big for my 6.5"-6.75" wrists.
    My wrist ain't much bigger. But I realized that I was buying a G-shock for function over form, and that extends into how it looks on me.
    If I am at a point where I'm concerned with how my watch looks, I need to step up my workout!

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremperj View Post
    My wrist ain't much bigger. But I realized that I was buying a G-shock for function over form, and that extends into how it looks on me.
    If I am at a point where I'm concerned with how my watch looks, I need to step up my workout!
    I was about to ask you guys -- instead of going G-shock or something, why not just go with a Polar and get a heart rate monitor strap? Actually more functional than a g-shock in terms of your intended uses, unless I'm missing something.