Thread: Deals in Seattle area

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Deals in Seattle area

Hello All,
    My family and I will be in the Seattle area from May 18 to the 26th. Looking to do some shopping for myself, my wife and our children. Apart from Nordstrom Rack downtown and the Seattle Outlets located north of Seattle, are there any other stores/thrift shops etc that we should seriously consider? Looking for shoes, outerwear, suits, pants, shirts, dresses, kids clothes, vintage jewellery and watches...lots of shopping

We're from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, so shopping in the USA is always a treat. You have way more selection and your prices always seem to be a lot lower than what we pay up north.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you.

AJohannes

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    For new clothes that whole area downtown near the Nordstrom Rack is full of options. The regular Nordstrom store is their corporate flagship store, it's got everything. For thrifting check out nearby Belltown near the Space Needle, and just east of downtown Capital Hill neighborhood has lots of stuff to offer. If you go to the outlet stores you will feel like you never left Canada as a huge number of the cars you will see there have BC plates from people in Vancouver coming down to shop. Enjoy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you jwest. I will be sure to check out your suggestions

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJohannes View Post
    Thank you jwest. I will be sure to check out your suggestions
    If you have any more specifics (type of clothing, budget, et...) i could be more specifics. It sounded like you are looking for a little bit for everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwest View Post
    If you have any more specifics (type of clothing, budget, et...) i could be more specifics. It sounded like you are looking for a little bit for everyone.
    On our first day we will be in the downtown area so Nordstrom/Rack seem like good stores to check out. I've heard they have good sales from time to time. I also read that Macy's puts on good sales. I normally won't purchase anything unless its good quality and hopefully on sale. I think there's a J. Crew downtown so we'll check that one out. For the most part I'm shopping for a navy two piece 4 season suit (J Crew Ludlow or similar), good leather dress shoes, and outerwear (ie. a Harrington jacket). My wife is looking for skirts, dresses, and whatever else catches her eye. My older son (9 yrs old) wants a suit as well. The rest of the week we're renting a house north of Seattle, apparently its only 10 minutes from Premier Outlets so I will be sure to check out Brooks Brothers (their size Small jackets fit me perfectly), J. Crew Outlet etc.
    Apart from shopping we want to enjoy all that Seattle and area has to offer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just thought I'd add some other suggestions. If you go over the bridge and head east, Bellevue Square and The Bravern has a lot of the stores that you may be looking for, plus you can eat at all the nice restaurants around the area. Also, University Village near University of Washington is a good spot to shop especially on a nice spring day. I second capital hill for some good finds, and I think the Fremont area is also a good place to go.

Hope that you and your family enjoy your visit!