Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Thoughts/Reviews on Everlane products

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rkbadmin View Post
    what size shirt did you order from everlane in these pics?
    Medium

Quote Originally Posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
    Everlane just released some slim fit linen button-down shirts. I decided to try one in navy, and used your link.
    Yay! Thanks. Hope you liked it. I haven't tried their linen shirts.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    I recently decided to place another order with Everlane since their OCBDs are a great fit for me personally. This time I ordered the light blue/white stripe, blue gingham, and medium denim shirts as well as 2 polos. The blue/white stripe was great as always. The blue gingham feels a bit different since it wouldn't feel like oxford cloth with the gingham pattern on there. It feels different but very nice, maybe even higher quality than the other shirts.

The denim shirt was complete $h!^. I couldn't return that thing fast enough. It's not denim material at all but a regular material given a denim appearance. The material is softer and thinner than their oxfords.

The polos were ok. They felt nice enough but I think the fit could have been trimmer. I decided to keep 1 to try out in the long run but didn't like them enough to keep both. I'm washing it right now to see if it shrinks any and leads to a closer fit but I doubt it. For $35 there's better polos out there.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)
    I returned their linen shirt. The cut was nicely slim, but oddly boxy. The material felt thinner than anything J Crew produces, and the cost wasn't much less. Decided to just spring for the JCF version.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Has anyone tried their Shawl Cardigans?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish View Post
    Has anyone tried their Shawl Cardigans?
    I've tried some of their other sweaters but not that one.

I did notice this leather keychain on their site earlier today. I'll place an order for one shortly and post my thoughts about it once it arrives. It looks like it should make a decent stocking stuffer type gift.
    https://www.everlane.com/collections...chain-burgundy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What size did you order on the shirt?

What size Everlane shirt did you order?

QUOTE=Vicious49;111861]Next up is the Everlane V neck tee. $15 seemed kind of steep to me for a plain t-shirt. It's a basic t-shirt an they're all the same right? I should mention that Everlane has free shipping if you order 2 or more items so that helped in convincing me to give it a shot. If I had to pay added shipping costs I most likely would have skipped it.

My first impression of the shirt is that it is very soft. I was wearing my JCrew Factory shirt today and the Everlane shirt is much softer/smoother. I tried it on and the wife immediately loved the fit. Here's pics of it right out of the box. It should be mentioned that I am 5' 8" about 160-165 lbs with a 40" chest and 32" waist. The chest has decreased a bit since I haven't been lifting at all for the past year.

I wanted to see how much it shrank so I tossed it in the washer on warm water and then in the dryer or medium heat. It did seem to shrink a bit. Here's pics of it straight out of the dryer. I assure you it is the same shirt even though it appears much darker. We ran out of natural light so this one is not as bright.

It fits even better now. Here's a side by side of the prewash and postwash. The actual color of the shirt is somewhere in between the 2 but leaning a bit more towards the darker side.

I think I'm sold. The shirt fits great and is very soft to the touch. It is $15 but they only make them in about 6-7 different colors and I don't want all of them so it shouldn't be that expensive. I figure it's better to have 3-4 nice t-shirts that fit properly than to continually spend $7-$8 on cheaper ones and not be as happy with them. I am curious to find out if their white tee is see through or not. I've read varying reviews on them. Part of the problem is that Everlane is continually improving their products so if something isn't as good in an earlier batch, they will try to change it for the next batch.

Also, I was wearing a JCrew Factory slim fit tee today and I compared the Everlane to it postwash. They are the same length but the Everlane shirt is about 1" narrower in the body.[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    It's been a while since I've updated this thread. Since then I have tried some more of their products and can also speak to the long term quality of the items I've previously reviewed.

Of the items I've owned for a while now, the only product I have a gripe about is their oxfords. I still love the cut they use but their stitching leaves much to be desired. The buttons have come loose and some of the other stitching has come unraveled as well. The t-shirts and backpack are holding up well.

As far as newer purchases:
    Indigo Texture Pocket T-shirt - This is a newer arrival which is still available on their site. I like the weight and cut of their T-shirts and love Indigo so I ordered both options - Indigo and Indigo Stripe. I am a big fan of the way Indigo fades over time. These do not disappoint and have a nice visual effect in person that isn't captured in the pics online.
    Drawstring Pant - This is another new arrival. These pants may be my favorite item I've ever received from Everlane. I just got these so can't speak to how they hold up over time but on initial wearing they felt super comfy. They are roomy in the thighs which is good for someone like me who can't wear anything slim fit when it comes to pants. They have a bit of stretch which might be what makes them so comfortable. I'd say it's more of a mid to lighter weight material on them. I normally wear a 30" inseam and had to roll the cuffs up twice on a size M. It looks fine on pants like these so I won't get them tailored but they should be long enough for at least a 32" and maybe a 34" inseam. I ordered them in the olive colored but liked them so much I immediately ordered them in the faded black color as well.
    Last edited by Vicious49; August 17th, 2016 at 12:25 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    I ordered a couple T shirts from Everlane a couple months ago and they were paper thin and the collar rolled after the first wash and air dry. My wife had the same experience with hers and she donated them after the first wear and wash. They appear to be lesser quality than Hanes or Fruit of the loom shirts that come in the package. I like the look of Everlane products but if they can't do a decent T shirt they probably struggle with more complex items. I have been happy with J Crew and BR for T shirts.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hapablap View Post
    I ordered a couple T shirts from Everlane a couple months ago and they were paper thin and the collar rolled after the first wash and air dry. My wife had the same experience with hers and she donated them after the first wear and wash. They appear to be lesser quality than Hanes or Fruit of the loom shirts that come in the package. I like the look of Everlane products but if they can't do a decent T shirt they probably struggle with more complex items. I have been happy with J Crew and BR for T shirts.
    It might depend on when you order them. I've read quality differs from time to time. I'm guessing they change fabrics or factories or something so it's not always consistent. I've personally noticed differences (fabric/cut) on different colors of the same item. I've had an oxford and a few t-shirts I've returned because of this in the past. Luckily their return process is pretty easy. For this reason if you order something and like it, I would order any other colors you'd like it in immediately. I just received the drawstring pants earlier this week and immediately ordered them in the faded black.

As far as the t-shirts go, I've only ordered their standard crew and v-neck ones in the past. The indigo tees is the 1st time I've deviated from that. I've read they used to have a U-neck tee that was pretty bad.