Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts/Reviews on Everlane products

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    An update to the button on the back of the collar on the light blue OCBD. I sent Everlane an email with the same picture I posted on here just as an FYI for them since they want to know about any quality control issues. I received a reply to them today basically saying - keep that one and we'll go ahead and credit your account so you can purchase a replacement if you want. That is some excellent customer service.

I might use that credit to try their poplin shirt. I'll get back with a review on it once it gets here.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I might use that credit to try their poplin shirt. I'll get back with a review on it once it gets here.
    Dooooo iiiiit (selfishly, so I don't first).

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    So I have tried a few more of their items since my last post.

Poplin Shirts - Fit very similar to the OCBD but I wasn't a fan of the material. Maybe all poplin is like that but it felt thin to me and seemed like it would get super wrinkly as the day went on. I ended up returning it.

The Indigo Shirt - Fits the same as the OCBD and is an awesome indigo color. I can't recommend this one enough.

Cashmere V-Neck sweater - I don't own any other cashmere sweaters so it's hard for me to say whether this is 'grade A' cashmere as Everlane claims. The fit is pretty good. Fits very similar to a BR or JCF slim fit sweater. I think the body on this one might be an inch or so longer though.

OCBD - I loved the OCBD's I got earlier this year so much that I decided to order another light blue one. The buttons were different this time. They were about half the thickness of the previous ones and felt cheap and flimsy. The bigger issue for me was that the shirt was now about 2 inches longer in the body. This was a no go for me so I ended up sending it back. I'm not sure why they have to screw with the fit or maybe it's that they are getting different factories to make these things. Either way I was disappointed and won't be ordering anymore. There's nothing I hate more than inconsistency. Although this change might be good for someone who is a bit taller if the previous OCBD's were too short for you.
    Last edited by Vicious49; November 21st, 2013 at 10:09 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    Anyone get a cashmere hoodie? They look reasonably priced. I've always wanted to splurge on one.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent k View Post
    Anyone get a cashmere hoodie? They look reasonably priced. I've always wanted to splurge on one.
    I have. It ran a bit more snug than most of their other stuff in the same size. I sent it back since my wife liked it a lot more than me and got an XS for her. She's worn it a few times and likes it but it's too soon for me to tell about pilling and stuff like that.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    OCBD - I loved the OCBD's I got earlier this year so much that I decided to order another light blue one. The buttons were different this time. They were about half the thickness of the previous ones and felt cheap and flimsy. The bigger issue for me was that the shirt was now about 2 inches longer in the body. This was a no go for me so I ended up sending it back. I'm not sure why they have to screw with the fit or maybe it's that they are getting different factories to make these things. Either way I was disappointed and won't be ordering anymore. There's nothing I hate more than inconsistency. Although this change might be good for someone who is a bit taller if the previous OCBD's were too short for you.
    I have an update on this. Someone from Everlane contacted me and said that they must have sent me one of their early batches. They thought they should have been out of those by now, but the early batches had the thinner buttons and were a bit longer. Knowing this I placed another order for 2 more OCBDs which arrived last week. The light blue OCBD was exactly as my previous one so I can't state how happy I was about that.

I also ordered one of their new colors (oxblood) and while this one fit the same as all my other Everlane ones, the material was not nearly as soft. It's a thicker rougher material but the cut/fit is exactly the same. I'm not sure if this just applies to the oxblood color or some of their other new offerings as well. I included a pic below so you can see the fit and also some details of the fabric. Not the best lighting, but you get the picture. I am 5'8" with about a 39" chest and am wearing a size Medium in the pic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody here get any of the blazers yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I would like to share my experience with the brand Everlane with you. Unfortunately it has been an extremely difficult and upsetting experience. I do not want anyone else to spend good money with a company that does not care about its customers.
    I purchased a Petra Market Tote on the 5th March 2014. Within the first couple of weeks of receiving the bag, one side of the bag's leather started to bubble up and away from the suede interior lining, leaving the bag looking bubbly and like an extremely cheap looking handbag.
    I contacted Everlane on the 7th April with photographs and an explanation of what has happened. I also advised that I had purchased the handbag and had it forwarded onto Australia at my own extra cost. I received a reply from 'Brian' within 4 days (contrary to their 24 hr reply system.) He was apologetic and offered to replace the 'defective' bag and that although it was not their standard policy, they would ship the replacement bag to Australia. 'Brian' asked for my shipping address, I replied and sent my address back with in 12 hours.
    Then I heard nothing from Everlane. I sent one email on the 1st of May, another one on the 8th of May before getting a response from 'Brian' on the 19th of May, apologizing for the delay and stating "We're still a small team here and with all of the new product launches recently, we've been a little bit swamped" How hard is it to send out a replacement for a faulty bag when they ship out items on a daily basis? I was asked to AGAIN send my details, to which I did, again within 12 hours.
    Today is the 29th of May and I have since sent another email requesting any information and to be kept updated on my replacement bag or a refund.
    It has now been 7 WEEKS since my initial email and I have been extremely patient and polite until now and I do not know what to do with a company that treats it customers like they do not care! Any advise or help with this issue with Everlane would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou, Katie

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    what size shirt did you order from everlane in these pics?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)
    Everlane just released some slim fit linen button-down shirts. I decided to try one in navy, and used your link.