Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jumping on current LEC sale + thoughts on these shirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping on current LEC sale + thoughts on these shirts?

Hey guys. LEC bumped their promotions up to 75% off on sale items today. There are some good deals to be had (9.99-16.99 dress shirts). Should I jump on now or wait for some additional X% off purchases code? Not sure if one is coming. I've got a cart full of dress shirts since I'm donating, getting rid of a ton of my current ones due to wear, fit, etc.

Also do y'all have experiences with any of the following: the fine wale cord shirt, heritage oxford, tartan poplin, windowpane poplin. I have the 9.99 red gingham poplin shirt and it's a nice, trim fit on me (5'9", 168, somewhat athletic build) in a medium (I wear 15.5/34-35).

I can't vouch for the others, but I would avoid the heritage oxford. I ordered a few and returned them all. I guess they're fine for just casual wear, but they are absolutely not the kind of thing you can wear with a suit and tie. They do have a "messy" look to them.

But then again, most people will spend more than that on a t-shirt, and they beat the hell out of t-shirts at that price. So to each their own.

Comment

If theres a sears to return to closeby, go for it. Those prices are about what they were in december with the 40%off code they had then.

I got the tartan poplin last week for $25 and it fits me great. Other folks here liked the blackwatch fine wale cord shirt and the Vintage dobby - i am tempted to buy those.

I think lec is good for casual wear, but wouldn't use them for suiting up for work.

Comment

It's really just for casual wear, I've got some tailored/fitted RL, BR, and J.Crew shirts I wear for work/formal occasions. I'm heading to medical school and just need things to wear.

Comment

for real, get in on that blackwatch. wearing it now. ordered dobby today (not the house elf).

the oxfords are not bad for what they are; especially at a $12 price point. they're not perfect for wearing with a tie, but not bad. I've got the light blue stripe already, ordered the pink today.

for ultra casual, I also like the nailhead oxford...don't listen to review; size down. i have a 44 chest, and medium fits me snug, but good, while it's supposed to only fit up to a 40. chest dimension in the shirt is 45.x, so...you get it. btw; i'm a medium in ALL LEC shirts (that I've tried...)

Comment

promo blizzard pin 1038 gets you free shipping (no minimum).

Comment

Big fan of the oxfords as a casual shirt or a dressed-down dressed-up shirt (with knit tie, cotton sport coat, etc.). The striped gray and blue are very good. Midnight blue is one of my fave colors.

Also a big fan of the striped chambray shirts. Unique patterns, well-fitted (altho a bit long) and very good quality.

Comment

BTW, just another reminder to never, ever buy anything at full price from LEC.

Comment

Ordered the fine wale blackwatch and a green cotton v-neck sweater.

Comment

Got many many shirts. Planning on returning those that don't fit/don't look good. Thank goodness for the nearby sears. I wonder what we're all going to do as Sears stores begin to close nationwide!

Comment

Got dobby, fine wale blackwatch and gingham (couldn't pass up $9). What's up with the dobby comment on LEC website saying get small for a 6 ft tall guy? That threw me...went medium since that's what fits 99% of time with LEC. 16.5-33, 42R, 5-10 185# athletic. Guess we'll see!

Comment

My wife finally put an end to my shopping spree (how backwards is that?), but I pretty much already sucked LEC dry during their recent 40% everything sale. I might have bought back some of the stuff I returned at those prices if my wife hadn't said no.

Comment

@Alan, that's why I started thrifting stuff that doesn't fit me and flipping it... funds my addiction

Comment

Free Shipping Code: BLIZZARD Pin: 1038

I bought the rinsed indigo denim shirt from LEC a while ago and i quite like it. Im 5.8; 165; wear 42R. The shirt in medium measures 21" pit to pit, 17.5" shoulder to shoulder. It is very long, at least for my height. The material is nice quality for a $25 shirt, but the buttons feel painfully cheap.

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/Worksh...n&origin=index

Comment

Grabbed this striped shawl collar cardigan for $22 shipped. Can't argue with +70% off.

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/Stripe...227165_-1.html

Comment

Working...
                              X