Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find some affordable, good looking golf shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find some affordable, good looking golf shoes?

I received a set of golf clubs for Christmas, but I don't really play (yet). I'm ready, willing, and able, but I need a few necessities. First and foremost, I need some golf shoes that aren't going to kill my wallet. They should look good, but not be too flashy. Also, I live in Texas where it gets pretty hot so the shoes should look as good with pants as they do with shorts.

... And that's about it! Any ideas?

I don't know anything about golf shoes, but these seem cool:

http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/productview.asp?c=224

Comment

I see golf shoes all the time on my thrifting sprees. You might go that route.

Comment

You can just wear regular shoes with good grip like athletic shoes or something with commando soles... I guess I wouldn't invest in golf shoes until you're sure you're going to play regularly.

Comment

Well let's just say that when your father-in-law gives you a brand new set of golf clubs for Christmas and says he's looking forward to going out together to play golf some time, you better learn how to use them. :-) So I imagine that I'll be getting enough use to justify an affordable pair.

These are only $40 and have a similar look to the shoes I mentioned above:

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...oseout&Ntk=All

Comment

... or I could split the difference with these:

http://www.dallasgolf.com/p-9371-foo...aupewhite.aspx

Comment

your shoes are going to be the best part of your game. I've only played several times, and it is harder than it looks. Just a different skill set than I'm used to.

I'll blame it on my shoes

Comment

Coming from a golfer, the academy pair is pretty dorky. It's what I see the "old farts" wearing. The other two are nice options. Ive found the cheaper footjoys to be very comfortable, but they wont last more than a year of serious play. For someone that is just beginning, they should be fine. If you're near a pgatour superstore (theres one in plano) that's really the way to go. They have a million pairs to choose from.

Comment

Anyone in Socal want to play a round?

Comment

Thanks, Richard. I know the place, but I've never been inside. Ill check it out!

Comment

I got a new bag for the holidays. I can't wait for spring so I can get back out there. I don't own a decent pair of golf shoes right now (and won't need one for a few months), but a lot of courses - public, mostly - don't even require spikes. It is nice to look the part..and that's what I find funny about golf, moreso than any other sport. Looking the part overshadows playing the part. So many people (usually older gentlemen) stock up on the nicest clubs, accessories and clothes yet still can't hit a ball straight.

Comment

If you get serious about it, Allen Edmonds makes golf shoes that are supposed to be excellent.

Comment

That was going to be my suggestion, fork out the money for Allen Edmonds and call it a day. Game over...

Comment

Forgive me if I sound a bit contrarian here..but why would you spend $200+ on golf shoes? If you buy them purely for aesthetic reasons I guess that's your prerogative, but I'd rather put that money (could be about $120+) towards things that would be more useful to advancing my game and performance.

Comment

When in your day to day life will you walk more in a day than when you're golfing?

Comment

Working...
                              X