No announcement yet.

"Breaking Up Is Not So hard to Do" Article - Separating a Suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried orphan pin stripe jackets with jeans and it didn't work. It did not even work as an odd jacket with dress pants. The only suits I ever break up are casual ones now - otherwise there is too much of a mismatch.

Comment

I was gonna say, "No, you can't do stripe sport coat" until I googled this.

So, the key is to match the pants to the tone of the stripe. Try it and report.

Comment

A quick pic with the jeans I happen to be wearing..

Comment

Originally posted by Fosterions View Post
          A quick pic with the jeans I happen to be wearing..

No. Formality-mismatch.

Comment

Grrr I think I'm looking at this through the sentiment of the place and time so there's some desperation - that and I am just starting to build my wardrobe...

The mismatch could be fixed with the right pants? Pants I don't currently have... I guess I can hold onto this for a while longer, what's another year?

This also reminds me of a concern as a beginner - I think this looks good. I know that can be based completely on ignorance, and I'm not suggesting it's not when I say that when starting out the "rules" can seem so arbitrary that they forget aesthetics.

Comment

Originally posted by Fosterions View Post
              Grrr I think I'm looking at this through the sentiment of the place and time so there's some desperation - that and I am just starting to build my wardrobe...

The mismatch could be fixed with the right pants? Pants I don't currently have... I guess I can hold onto this for a while longer, what's another year?

This also reminds me of a concern as a beginner - I think this looks good. I know that can be based completely on ignorance, and I'm not suggesting it's not when I say that when starting out the "rules" can seem so arbitrary that they forget aesthetics.
              I don't agree that you can wear jeans with that jackets. I wear jeans and jackets a lot but never with a worsted fabric.

The only hope with a jacket that dressy is a pair of light coloured dress pants. Even then the stripes are pretty formal - I have a Oxxford jacket that I love and i never have anything for it to go with.

Comment

Working...
              X