Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are chukka mocs the best both worlds or not enough of either?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are chukka mocs the best both worlds or not enough of either?

When I think mocs, ankle boots dont come to mind. What do you all think of these? They're on clearance at BB.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...ionsize=12%20D

Pocahontas

Comment

Ha. I do like them. Especially the blue. I'm not huge on them for $150, however.

Edit: they are made in the US out of US sourced materials. Big points and makes the $150 price much more appropriate.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Well I'm not looking to buy. Just out to get opinions and start a discussion.

Comment

Alan, if you don't want the suit, that's cool, just let me know. Or if I'm being impatient, let me know that as well.

Comment

@jon:

I'll have to pass, but thanks anyway.

Comment

OK. I'm headed to Ebay!

Comment

They're okay. Kinda remind me of wallabees. I like a lot of other stuff on the rancourt site a lot more.

Comment

To me, suede and boots don't go together. I wear boots when I want warmth and protection from the elements. Suede can be warm but it's difficult, if not impossible, to waterproof, and much harder to clean when it gets stained by mud/salt/dirt/etc.

So, they're not really my thing.

Ben

Comment

I imagine they're on 50% clearance for a reason. :-) Then again, mocs of any sort aren't really my thing, but that's just a personal preference. Maybe they'll grow on me with time. Maybe I'll get a pair in 2013.

Comment

Not a fan. I don't like the shape, but I don't like that shape in boat shoes either.

Comment

Working...
                      X