Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEC $130 shirt

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/PatternedPoplinShirt~229827_-1.html

I knew they were increasing their prices, but this is a little strange.

I'm guessing it's because they're using selvedge. It's a more expensive fabric. I can't say whether or not it's worth what they're asking (probably not), but it does seem that they're pricing it out of LEC's target audience.

Comment

I hope this new pricing will be the exception rather than the rule. I would hate to see LEC attempt to rebrand itself into the luxury market.

Ben

Comment

They make fine stuff, but if they're raising prices, they better raise their quality, too.

And then I'll buy from them once a year - during their 40% everything sale.

Comment

I feel that LEC has trapped itself into a Jos A Bank model - where you're ignorant to pay full price, knowing that in 1-2 months there will be a 20-40% promo coming along.

Case in point, I bought the navy cable shawl cardigan for $99 in ignorance at the start of the season - its now $39 (without the 40% coupon code). Who was ever going to pay $250 for the hand knit sweaters? The donegal vest for $150, etc, etc.

I sort of feel the same way about LLBean Signature, although I think their products are slightly higher quality...

Comment

A sale drought would clear that right up... If they can survive it.

Comment

My wallet would kind of welcome it - I've placed around 5 unplanned orders since November due to the radical LEC mark-downs and promotions!

Comment

Recently I have bought all my clothes at either JCrew, Bonobos or LEC. The quality of LEC was much lower then the other stores. Also their fit seem to be all over the place. I would be happy to shop there only during extreme sales and even then I would be very picky about what I bought.

Comment

I returned the Fair Isle sweater I got from LEC because it felt kind of cheap and the colors were much more faded than online. I think their quality is hit or miss.

Comment

Their fit is hit or miss as well. I got four items from them in my recent order - straight-fit cords, slim-fit chinos, OCBD, and a cardigan. The straight cords fit tighter than the slim chinos, the shirt is rather relaxed, and the cardigan is so tight on my skinny forearms that I can't imagine who it would actually fit. All of it works for me except the cardigan, but trying to figure out their fits and sizing is a real head-scratcher.

Ben

Comment

I echo the shawl cardigan's arm fitting...can't wear any long sleeves underneath. I have yet to buy other things, but as long as my sears exist, i'll buy lec on sale.

Comment

LEC has some nice styles but their quality is certainly not at the same level of JCrew or even Banana Republic. I think overall their quality is closer to Gap but I like LEC better. If I was going to spend $125 on a shirt, it would not be from LEC. I only buy stuff from LEC when on sale and with a coupon of 20% or more on top. Thats the value that I place on their stuff.

Comment

I would say that LEC is hit or miss, but the couple things I have hit on have been solid. I seem to have gotten lucky with sizing as I haven't had issues. I think they are a couple notches above BR in most things at this point, and quite a bit better than Gap. Especially at their current prices. If they raise substantially, I'll have to rethink that statement.

BR quality seems to be in an exponential downward spiral. 2 years ago, solid. Now: higher prices than before for what used to be considered Gap quality. For that reason, BR used to make JCrew underwhelming for me (the price difference was higher than the quality difference). Now JCrew is a much better option as the prices are not that different on many items.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Concur with LEC being hit or miss. I've kept about 70% of what I've ordered-luckily Sears is close by. Relatively bad is that promotion pricing LEC has reset my value-meter, making J.Crew and Nordstrom seem overpriced by comparison.

Of interest, Bonobos waists have been much mor inconsistent than LEC - I'm in the 32-34 range and had to order one each of 32,33,34 and keep only the winner.

Comment

I returned most of the LEC shirts I got, the quality just wasn't good enough.

The LE ones though I'm keeping.

I've had the same problem with bonobos inconsistent waist sizing. Have a few I'm going to have to return for smaller ones. Hopefully those won't end up too small...

Comment

Working...
                              X