J. Crew Bayswater Peacoat fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J. Crew Bayswater Peacoat fit

I bought the J. Crew Bayswater peacoat in black, Medium Tall. I am 6'4, 185. I think the shoulders and chest are perfect, the sleeve length as well and I have long arms. The only thing is I think that the waist could come in a couple inches. What do you guys think?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...cff94phot.jpg/

I think it looks good. You don't want to have it flare out on your hips and have an hourglass shape.

Comment

^^ that. It seems to fit well.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Looks mint! Nice when you can find a fit like that.

Comment

Nice! I just ordered this in a small, and I'm really hoping that it fits. I'm 5'10" and 145 so I debated a while between S and XS

Comment

@tinsley; That fit looks fine.

@Allen Luo; I'm 5'8" and 155 lbs. and very happy with the fit of the small.

Comment

My policy on cold weather clothes is to leave some room inside for layers so I think taking it in would be a mistake.

Comment

The fit doesn't look baggy on you at all. I'd keep it the way it is.

Ben

Comment

Im tempted to get this jacket but I got a cheap H&M this season already. Is this a Jcrew staple item that is offered every year or is there a new model each season?

Comment

Mystix, I'm not sure if J.Crew offers this exact coat every year, but peacoats are definitely a staple of a men's winter wardrobe and I would be pretty damn surprised if J.Crew didn't continue carrying them in the future.

Ben

Comment

Thanks guys! The model on the J. Crew site for the Bayswater had the coat hugging his sides, which is a good look in my opinion. I guess if it starts bothering me I'll see what my tailor can do. Now, on to getting some 8" Bean Boots - ship date is Mar 8th for my size though!

Comment

Do you have an LL Bean store nearby? Mine usually has a pretty good stock on hand.

Comment

tinsley, that fit looks good from your pic. I actually wish mine fit me more like that.

Size reference if anyone else is considering buying this, I'm 5'5, 135ish and got the XS. Fits pretty well, but it runs a bit longer to the thigh still.

Comment

@KC - Any chance you can post a picture as a reference? I'm interested in the XS and I'm a couple inches taller and about 10 pounds heavier.

Comment

Harry,

I think we are the same size then.

When I went to the store and tried on a small, I remember it being pretty big. Most memorable are the sleeves were long.

I am 5'8, 145lbs

Comment

Working...
                              X