Small wrists, Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small wrists, Part II

I too am having difficulty finding a watch due to the size of my wrists. My wrists measure 6 inches in circumference, easily an inch too small for the Timex Weekender watches that have caught my eye. Anyone know of something similar (or somewhere to get a smaller band) that would work for me?

Aaron

That's weird. I have 6" wrists too and find the Weekenders to be a pretty good size. 35-38mm is about my sweet spot for watch size, though the lug length and case thickness are also major factors. My G-Shock is 46mm and I've got a regular analog that is 43mm, but those are definitely pushing it for me. From what I recall, the standard slip-thru Weekenders are something like 37mm.

If you are convinced the Weekenders are too big, you might take a look at some watches sized for women. There are some women's Timexes, for example, that are just a bit smaller than their unisex watches. Some of them come with weird pink straps and stuff but it's pretty simple to get your own strap and switch it out.

Ben

Comment

Really? Like...you've measured with a tape, or you're ballparking?

Comment

I think you're probably fine wearing the 38mm Weekender watches.

But if you really need to go smaller, try the Seiko SNK809. The case is 37mm and the lugs are 18mm (as opposed the 20mm lugs on the Timex).

Comment

Just an FYI, there's also the SNK803, SNK805, and SNK807 as well. They're all just different colors of the same watch.

Comment

My wrist is about the same as yours, or just slightly bigger and the SNK809 is perfect. Actually, a little bigger is fine too as I have a Tag that is 39mm and tht fits well. I have the several Nato straps (including leather ones) for the SNK809 that I easily swap and I love the watch.

Comment

Update: I bought a weekender based on your recommendations (I hadn't had the opportunity to try one on before). It fits perfectly. Thanks, all!

Comment

I think part of it is just confidence; hopefully, that doesn't sound silly. Wearing larger watches is almost a leap of faith until you're used to it. While there are certainly watches that are just too big to fit a small wrist, most can be pulled off. I have small wrists and picked up the recommended Seiko above. I love it, but once I got comfortable with larger watches, it feels tiny!

Comment

@OnlyShawn - knowing your wrist size is accustomed to knowing your chest/waist size if you want the fit to be right. Some

My wrist is just about 7 & 1/4 inches around, so most of my watches are 44 to 47mm.

Anything smaller just feels too dainty, but of course anything beyond that on me is just plain silly looking.

Comment

Great thing about having small wrists is girls love to wear my watches, and even the bracelet models can fit them. I don't know how many times I've hung out / been on a date where the girl steals my watch for a good duration of it.

I have incredibly tiny wrists, 5.25. I find 38-40mm is the sweet spot for me. I have a 34mm mid-size DateJust that I find kind of small and a 45mm Yacht Club Homage that gets the most compliments of any watch I own (and its the cheapest automatic I have). It helps with the Yacht Club that although its a sporty watch, it is fairly thin. I actually feel more comfortable wearing it than some of my chunkier 42-43mm watches.

Comment

Working...
                    X