Sized Socks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sized Socks?

Hey everybody. I'm looking to upgrade my sock collection. Right now I'm transitioning from wearing athletic socks and thin boring dress socks all the time, but I've run into a problem. My foot is small (8 1/2ish) Many socks are too big from toe to heal and I feel just silly walking around with my sock heals sticking out and bunching up above my shoes (and constantly pulling up the tops of my socks). Anyone have suggestions on sized socks or brands that are smaller yet still stylish?

I've seen socks in S/M and L/XL sizing. Has that worked? Or boys socks.

Comment

I know they're out there, I was hoping for some brands or specifics to try. Boys socks...hummmm. I would think they would be short up the leg and wouldn't come in many interesting styles, but maybe I should try that.

Comment

idk, it depends what you're looking for I guess. I wear size 9, and I don't have this problem. I know you can get happysocks or couple other brands in different size ranges

Comment

I was at H&M the other day, and while they had just about nothing I would buy, I did notice they had sized socks. Didn't really check out what they had specifically but may be worth looking into.

Comment

Nordstrom Rack has sized socks. Should've mentioned that.

I was just at DSW, and they don't for dress socks. It's all one size fits all.

Comment

hummmm - unbelievably after looking at on these respective web sites - H&M seems to have the best selection of sized socks.

http://www.hm.com/us/subdepartment/M...#Nr=4294958404

Comment

I have the same problem. I'll check out those H&M ones. I usually just buy socks and hope I get lucky. The Target socks are usually too big for me and I ordered a pair of mediums from LEC one time and they were hugeeee (practically up to my knee and just big all around). I got lucky with a 3 pack of striped socks that I picked up at Old Navy the other day that just happen to fit well despite not having a size.

On a different note I always go with Under Armour for athletic socks. Their mediums fit me like a glove and I love them. I always keep an eye out in Marshalls because they carry them pretty frequently.

Comment

You might take a look at some women's socks. Obviously not all the designs will be right but if you can find some simple stripes or whatever, a women's one-size might fit you better than a men's (I know they do for me and my size 7.5-8 feet).

Ben

Comment

I sometimes put them straight in the dryer at full blast. It helps, but sometimes isn't enough.

Comment

Good article and I found this resource useful.

http://www.primermagazine.com/2012/spend/style-qa-finding-quality-socks-that-fit

(sorry for the bump)

Comment

I've been sock shopping these days too and honestly it's hit or miss. Most of the time the heel isn't *that* large enough where it bothers me. The only pair that is pretty unwearable because they are too large are these Cole Haan cotton modal blend socks from Marshall's (3-pack for $9.99).

Tommy Hilfiger (Marshall's), Polo (Macy's), Happy Socks (Nordstrom Rack), Bugatachi Uomo (Nordstrom Rack, though I returned these because the stitching comes apart really easily), Cladmen--they all fit decently enough, not perfectly, but good enough.

Comment

^ I found that Primer article annoying... it talks about the importance of good sock fit, yet the affordable socks they link to are all sized in a one-size manner. It seems silly that it should be so difficult to find sized socks that aren't $20+ per pair.

Ben

Comment

I wish the world made more Over The Calf socks.

Comment

http://viccel.us

I have small feet (7.5 US), and I haven't found a better quality dress sock for the money that fits my feet well. Over The Calf and Mid Calf lengths, Winter and Summer weights, and plenty of vibrant colors to choose from.

Reviews and more info on SF & AA:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/143081/viccel-com-socks/

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?95837-Viccel.com-Socks!

Comment

Working...
                              X