Rain boots advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain boots advice

This is really a question about women's rainboots, but I've got nowhere else to ask, and I figure that anyone who makes fine men's rainboots also makes fine women's rainboots and vice versa.

Anyway, my wife's birthday is coming up next month, and I'm considering getting her a pair. It doesn't rain a ton in Texas so I don't want to spend a lot on something that won't see that much action. However, she does work at a well-to-do private university, and I want her to be proud to wear them around campus.

Maybe you all have stumbled across something in your own searches. Thoughts? Even better, any specific finds? :-) (She's a size 6, if that helps.)

I don't have any links, but I like the style with rubber bottoms and high plaid fabric sides. They sometimes have handles for pulling them on. I like that look.

Comment

Thanks for not chastising me for wasting everyone's time. :-) I just went ahead and bought these:

http://www.dillards.com/product/Sperry-TopSider-Hingham-Rain-Boots_301_-1_301_502449134

I went down to the local Dillards on my lunch break, and they still had her size. The women at the makeup counter seemed to like them. If my wife doesn't like them, she can always take them back. *shrug*

Comment

I'm offended you didn't pick plaid. ;-)

Tough to buy shoes for my special order size 5 wife!

Comment

LOL I couldn't get plaid. My brother got his wife some Burberry rainboots two Christmases ago. So it's bad enough that it would be like copying, but it's even worse that I'm not even ponying up for the Burberry! FWIW, they had plaid (non-fabric), and it looked good. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Comment

Working...
          X