• christopher2
    replied

Thank you!!!!

Leave a comment:

• RiveDroit
    Varsity Member

• RiveDroit
    replied

@Christopher, I got them from Urban Outfitters, but it seems like they only have the black and yellow ones left. I did find them in a good FSR here: http://www.barneys.com/Sperry-Top-Si...sperry&index=7

Leave a comment:

• christopher2

• christopher2
    replied

@RiveDroit Where did you find the brown and neon blue Sperrys??

Leave a comment:

• zerostyle
    Varsity Member

• zerostyle
    replied

I hate boat shoes with anything semi-dressy, including a dress shirt + chinos.

To me they are pretty much for wear with shorts on a hot summer day. Or, on a boat.

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    Super Moderator

• greg_s
    replied

Idk, I think a dress shirt and chinos is pretty casual. It could work pretty easily in casual settings.

Leave a comment:

• runners n jeans

• runners n jeans
    replied

@superman26: Boat shoes by nature are casual shoes. If your dress shirt is something you'd wear with dark denim or slacks, I wouldn't wear them with boat shoes.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan87

• Ryan87
    replied

I already own a pair of tan sperry billfish which i really like. But now i just got a pair of Sebago docksides in brown elk. I'll let you know what I like better in a few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• RiveDroit
    Varsity Member

• RiveDroit
    replied

Well splurged a little bit and got a pair of Sperrys (Chocolate, Neon Blue) and Sebagos (Navy, pale blue, pink). The colors are a little overboard, but it's summertime, and will go with some nice shorts. The Sebagos ran large for me so going to have to exchange them for a 1/2 size smaller. The Sperrys were true to size. Out of the box, they felt great, even sockless.

Leave a comment:

• superman26

• superman26
    replied

i just bought - Sebago Men's Docksides B727 Boat Shoe(my first pair!)

question - nice dress shirt + chinos(from BR) + boat shoes, is that a good combination? or boat shoes are better for casual looks?

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    Dappered Veteran

• LosRockets
    replied

I have the docksides in the the waxy brown leather and they're great. I actually wear them sockless and don't have a problem in them at all and broke them in after 1 day. Ordered my true size (10) and there's a little room in the front but they're very comfortable. These shoes look great, they're not flashy but if anybody looks down they know you're wearing something nice. For the price I cannot imagine finding a better deal.

Leave a comment:

• Redford
    Varsity Member

• Redford
    replied

I was about to suggest the $50 code for (boat) shoes at Bonobos since I'm not the biggest fan of their clothing (although I did order the impresario white hoping it will be go to formal white shirt since I'm not a fan of the spread collar on my Charles Tyrwhitt).

My brother got the Sebago Docksides Brown Leather Boat Shoe in size 11 and it's about a half size big (we both wear 11 in sneakers) but probably not an issue considering the style. They feel a little uncomfortable without socks so I would prefer to wear them with mocc socks. The leather has a nice yellowish pull when you push on the leather (with your toes for instance). I can't compare the leather quality to Sperry's since I've never tried them. For $50-$60 though I think they're one of the best deals out there.

Leave a comment:

• william_herbig

• william_herbig
    replied

After five months my thread came back to life... And I still have not bought any boat shoes...

Leave a comment:

• RiveDroit
    Varsity Member

• RiveDroit
    replied

Interested in the Sebago Spinnakers. With the Bonobos code, these are a steal at $50 shipped. Does anyone have an opinion regarding quality (read that they are stiffer but better leather than Sperrys) and fit? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• alan
    Dappered Veteran

• alan
    replied

Those Oak Streets would never work for me, but they sure are nice to look at. Plus I enjoy the irony of Americans purchasing American-made shoes from a British website.

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira

• jason_carreira
    replied

If my math is right you can get these Oak Street blue boat shoes with a white sole for $115:

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/sale/oak-street-bootmakers-boat-shoe-1.html

with code NEW YEAR to take 15% off sale items and 20% off for non-EU buyers. Dunno about shipping though.

EDIT: But only if you wear around a size 12 US

Leave a comment:

Working...
X